Jotunhiem

Loki

It had been over three weeks since Mackenna lost her memory. She had gain most of it back. She couldn't remember Logan. She couldn't remember when she got kidnapped or what she had gone through. One day after about a week she came right up to me and kissed me. I knew right then and there I would get my Mackenna back. From that moment on she would sneak into the room I was sleeping in so she could be with me. But she always had this fear. She would continue to check her wound that was on her stomach. I could tell she was hiding something from me.
One day as I was walking past the healing room I saw her in there shirtless with only something over her chest. Healers were surrounding her and examining her wound. A healer saw me and tried to escort me away. I shoved her away.
"Let me see her," I snarl. Mackenna hears me and stands up. I can see her breathing heavily. All the healers leave. She still has my back to me. She is shaking a little. I stand there three feet away from her. She takes a deep breath and turns around. My eyes drop to her wound. It's healed fine but her skin around it is blue. Blue like a Frost Giant. There are swirls of frost surrounding it all. I start to shake with anger. I can never get away from their frosty grip.
"Mackenna, why didn't you tell me?" I ask.
"I didn't want to worry you. The healers said that this will probably kill me once and for all. I've been through enough already, I think it's time for me to leave," she replies.
"NO! I will not let you die. I don't care if you are self sacrificing! I will not loose you. I will not sit here and watch it consume you! I will not allow it!" I yell. Her eyes widen a bit. I have my eyes closed as I'm trying to contain my emotions. I feel her hand on my chest. I open my eyes. She has a shirt on. She sits me down and creates an illusion of Frosty. It calms me down right away.

We watch the wound for over a week. Everyday it spreads on her. It's spreading at a fast pace. Soon her whole torso is blue except for around her heart. She is still strong though. She goes on walks every night with me.
"Loki?" She looks at me.
"Yes?" I reply. She is looking down at her hands.
"My hands are turning blue. This is starting to scare me," she tells me. I look down as the blue consumes her finger tips. I breath heavily. I take her hand. Where my skin touches it turns blue too. But where my hand touches her, her skin turns back to normal. It's almost as if I took the blue out of her. My hand remains blue. I make it go away. Mackenna quickly looks up at me.
"Do that again," she says. This time I let more of my skin touch her. Only this time it burns me. It still takes the blue out of her but I fall. The pain was blinding for a minute.
"Loki! Are you okay?" She asks. She takes my arm and tries to pull me up, but it only hurts me more. I scream. She lets me go and backs away. I writher in the grass hoping the pain will go away. It does. I breath heavily as I sit up. Mackenna is several feet away from me crying.
"Loki, I-I'm so so-sorry." She stutters as she cries. The blue had returned, and now it is spreading on her face. I sit there in horror as I watch the beauty of her blue eyes disappear. They turn purple then into a crimson red.
"NO!" She looks at me. All of the sudden her eyes roll into the back of her head and she fall to the ground. It's becoming to much for her body to handle. I stumble as I get up and approach her. There is still no blue around her heart. I put my arms underneath her. I scream as the burning begins. I lift her up and with all the strength I have I put her atop a horse and ride as fast as I can towards Heimdall.
I dismount the horse and take Mackenna's limp body off. I grit my teeth when she touches me.
"Heimdall, bring me to Jotunheim." I tell him through my teeth. He opens the bifrost and I walk through it with Mackenna's burning body in my arms. I land in snow. My knees buckle beneath me. I drop Mackenna. I see one of the Frost Giants right before I pass out.