In Asgard

Loki

Mackenna stares in awe. I try to lead her to the palace but she refuses. I let her be. I notice that I am still wearing my Midgardian clothes. I change into my suit as fast as I can. Odin would not like it if I were to wear that in front of him. The soft touch of Mackenna's distracts me from the thought.
"Come on! I want to go to the palace!" She says with excitement. I bring her along. As we pass Heimdall I nod to him. As we continue towards the palace I have to stop. I notice Thor standing at the front entrance. Anger rises in me. A huge smile is stretched across his face as he starts to walk towards us. I think Mackenna noticed my stress because she wrapped her arm around me. Thor approaches me first.
"Brother, I did not think you would be able to find such a beautiful maiden," he teases me. I start to shake. Mackenna squeezes my waist and stands in front of me. I wrap my arms around her shoulders. I notice movement behind Thor. I look over his shoulder and see Frigga. I push Thor aside. She is smiling at me. I forget about Thor and his arrogance towards me. Mackenna moves to my side and just holds my hand. Frigga advances towards us and hugs me and Mackenna.
"Such a nice young women. You did well, Loki." She says. Mackenna blushes hard.
"This is Mackenna," I announce.
"Nice to meet you Mackenna," Frigga says. I smile. I'm proud of Mackenna. Odin soon follows. He greets Mackenna and we all go inside.
"Loki, why don't you show Mackenna to your chamber and clean up for dinner," Frigga says. I nod and lead Mackenna to my bedroom. When I open the door, Mackenna lets go of my hand and walks around. I walk to the bathroom and wash my hands. Mackenna follows and does the same. There is a knock on the door. I open it up and Frigga is standing there with a purple robe in her arms.
"I thought Mackenna would want something to sleep in tonight," she says as she hands me the robe. Mackenna walks out of the bathroom and sees me holding the robes. I look back at Frigga but she is gone.
"What's that Loki?" She asks, eying the robe.
"It's just a robe," I reply. I place it on my bed and take her hand. We walk through the silent halls. The smell of food drifts towards us. I decide to bring her to the balcony to show her the beauty of Asgard and to stall. I bring her down a different hallway. She looks a little confused. I can see the end of the hallway, and I guess she saw it too because she starts running. She laughs as she runs. I run after her.
"Mackenna! What are you doing?" I ask trying to catch my breath. She slows down when she reaches the edge. She puts her hands on the rails and looks over Asgard.
"Wow. This is amazing. I can't believe you live here. It's amazing," she says as she takes in the beauty of it.
"I don't want to live here anymore. I want to be with you," I tell her. She turns around and hugs me.
"I want to be with you too," she tells me.
"I think we should go eat," I tell her. She unwraps her arms from around me and takes my hand. I lead her to the dinning hall. When I get there Lady Sif is sitting at the table. She glares at me but otherwise says nothing. I take my seat and Mackenna sits right next to me. We eat in silence. After we finish Mackenna thanks Frigga and Odin for the meal and allowing her to be here. I take Mackenna out of the palace and I bring her to the vineyards. We walk between the rows of grapes. Once in awhile she would take a grape off a vine and put it into her mouth. As we were walking on a grassy part, she stumbles on her leg and falls to the ground. She laughs and pulls me down.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"I'm fine, either way I wanted to lay down. It is difficult to walk on that thing," she explains. The sun sets off beautiful shades of orange that dance and glow across the vineyard. We lay there for hours. The sun has set and she is looking at all the stars.
"One of those little lights is earth," she says.
"Mmhhmm. I think we should go inside. They'll be worried," I tell Mackenna ask sit up. I hadn't noticed that she had taken off her fake leg. It was dark so it took me and her several times to get it on. After we got it on we slowly walked towards the palace in the dark. When we walked into the palace, Thor was once again standing there. I ignored him and walked by him hoping that he would leave me alone. But a hand slapped my shoulder and turned me around.
"What do you want Thor?" I ask him.
"Nothing. I had spotted you in the vineyard while I was walking and I was seeing what was the matter," he says. I can hear the lie.
"Don't lie to me. Can you not give me a night alone with Mackenna? Or does everything have to involve you?" I spit at him. Mackenna steps in between us.
"Loki, you don't have to be that rude. And Thor, you really shouldn't be snooping. I did see you in the vineyard," she interruptes us.
"I apologize, Mackenna," Thor mumbles. I roll my eyes. Mackenna slaps me in the gut. She takes my hand, nods to Thor and takes me to my room. My eyes are wide with shock. I never thought her to be someone that slaps.
"What was that for?" I ask.
"Proving to Thor that I don't take shit from no one," she tells me.
"Fair enough," I say. She walks over to my bed. She takes the robe and sets it aside. I watch her. She backs up to the wall and with a sudden burst of energy she runs as fast as she can towards my bed. And just before she reaches it, she jumps and lands in the middle of my bed. She laughs until tears are sliding down the side of her face.
"I've been wanting to do that since I first got here," she manages to stutter in between her laughing. Her sudden burst of energy is amusing. I sit on the bed as she jumps on it. She bounces as high as she can and then she falls onto my bed. She laughs the whole time. At one point she jumps off the bed and disappears. She doesn't come back up.
"Mackenna?" No answer. I go look around my bed. I don't see her. All of the sudden I hear my bed squeak and a weight almost knocking me off my balance. Mackenna is on my back laughing. I laugh.
"What is up with you tonight?" I ask.
"I don't know, I'm just super hyper right now. I haven't been this happy in a long time," she tells me. She gets off my back and kisses me. She takes the robe and walks into the bathroom. I hear the door lock and the shower start. I flop down on my bed. She takes me by surprise sometimes. I change into my night clothes as she is still in the bathroom. I hear the shower turn off. I rest my head on my pillow and tug the blankets over my body. I hear my bathroom door open and Mackenna's foot hitting against the tile. She sits beside me and takes the leg off. She pulls the blankets away from her spot and lays down. She pulls the blankets back on top of her and she curls up beside me. I wrap my arms around her. I want to marry her. And Asgard might just be the perfect spot to propose.