Injured

Mackenna

I swear I hear someone screaming my name. But I know it's not true. I'll die in these bushes. I keep walking. I need to get somewhere. I cough. It's a little cold. I lost my sweater in that horrible place. While I'm walking, a few times, I swear I heard someone walking or running in the distance. I must be going crazy. I've been following the stream. I go with the flow. I stop. I hear foot steps. I whip around. My heart starts pounding.
"Who's there?" I yell into the bushes. I get no answer.
"Whoever you are, help me." I break down. I'm so scared. Tears spill down my face. I feel like I'm going insane, but then the unknown man that helped kidnap me comes out from behind a tree. I gasp. I start to run. I'm slow due to my condition. I can hear his foot prints behind me. He is catching up really fast. I can feel him grab my shoulders. I scream as loud as I can. Then I hear him.
"MACKENNA!!" I hear Loki yell.
"Loki! Help!!" I scream back. My captor holds me tight. I can hear footsteps. The guy holding me whips around to where the sound is coming from. Not a minute later, Loki comes through the trees. He looks pissed off. He is holding his scepter.
"Loki, help me!" I yell at him. The guy holding me pulls out a knife.
"Get any closer, and she dies." He warns Loki.
"You pathetic mortal. You really think you can beat me?" Loki taunts. They start circling each other. The man holding me, drags me. I try to pull his grip away, but I'm too weak. Either I can elbow him hard enough that he will let me go, or I will be stuck here for a while. I pull up my arm to make it look like I'm going to scratch my nose. Then with all the power I can muster, I drive my elbow into his rib cage. He releases me. But his knife meets with my back and opens a new gash. I run to Loki. He grabs me, and pulls me into a huge embrace. As soon as I think I will never let go, Loki disappears from my grasp. He is screaming in pain. The mans knife was embedded in Loki's arm. He couldn't hold his scepter now. It was laying on the ground.
"Loki, whatever you do, do not take that knife out of your arm. You will bleed to death right here." I tell him as I slowly approach the scepter. The guy is still trying to get up. I pick up the scepter. The man looks at me. There is so much rage, rushing through me. I point the scepter straight at him. It feels like it did the first time, like it has a dangerous power, and I did not know how to control that power.
"Stay on the ground." I demand. My hands are shaking.
"Why would I listen to you?" He says as he pulls himself up. I can hear Loki whimpering. The man charges at me. I scream. The scepter shudders in my hand. I watch as a blue light flies from it and meets with the man. He is on the ground. Dead. I drop the scepter. The adrenalin that was coursing through my body earlier, slowly goes away. I am now aware of the gash down my back. I fall to the ground. My vision going black. The last thing I remember is Loki telling me not to leave him.