Into the night

Loki

I lay in my bed late at night. I changed back to my normal self. The events of the day still playing in my head. When we were going outside I was considering not being Logan and showing her it was me. I had faltered. My image changed just for the slightest second, and I think she saw that. Then I kissed her, and she kissed me back. She didn't refuse, she didn't walk away. That bothered me. Why didn't she kiss me when I was myself? but she kissed me when I was someone else. Mackenna is the strangest mortal I've ever come across. I hear her walking around. I get up and turn into Logan before coming out of my room.
"Mackenna? What are you doing?" I whisper out into the dark. I can hear her stop walking.
"I couldn't sleep. And I was going to make a warm glass of milk." She explains. I walk out of my room and put my arm around her.
"Why don't we just watch a movie. Seeing that neither of us can fall asleep." I tell her bringing her to the living room. She scrolls through the channels and finds a movie. She is curled up by my side again. She fits perfectly into the curves of my body. Soon her eyes start to droop and she falls asleep. I guess this will be a good time to not be Logan. I change and I stroke her hair. All of the sudden her head shifts and she puts her nose right up against me. She smiles in her sleep. I keep stroking her hair and watching the movie. Just as the credits start to roll she starts talking in her sleep.
"Loki!!! No don't do this Loki! You mean everything to me! Don't kill yourself!!! Please, Loki, Lo-" and she screams at the top of her lungs. I'm afraid she is going to see me so I change into Logan and shake her awake. She jerks awake and stares at me in the dark. She has sweat all over her face.
"Are you okay?" I quickly ask her. Tears just start to fill her eyes and she leans her head against me and sobs into my shirt. She doesn't stop for 20 minutes. I sit there and relax her. She calms down and falls asleep again. Maybe I shouldn't change this time.