Party

I pick up the party invitation that has been sitting on my dresser for over two weeks. It's tonight. I spent the morning mending Loki's outfit for it. I thought it would be nice if we somewhat matched. I haven't told him I fixed it. I just told him I needed a few hours to myself and he gladly accepted. He spent the whole morning watching tv and shining his staff and helmet. I sat there fixing all the rips and washing it. It was beautiful now. I lay it on my bed next to my dress. Both of them side by side look beautiful. I guess it's time to show him. I walk out of my room with it in my arms.
"Loki? You mind coming here?" I say.
"Yeah, of course. Is there something wrong?" He looks worried all of the sudden.
"No. Nothing is wrong, I just wanted to show you something." I smile. He looks at me curiously. I show him his suit and his eyes pop open.
"You fixed this for me?" He takes it out of my hand and stares at it then back to me.
"I did. I thought it would look nice on you for the party." I look at him straight in the eyes. He smiles, walks up to me and hugs me. I takes me by surprise so it takes a few seconds before I return it. The lilac smell fills my nose while my head barely sits on his shoulder. He releases me and blushes.
"I have to go get ready for the party, and I'm sure you do too. Remember it starts at four." I say walking to my room.
"Okay, Mackenna. I'll be out ready before that." He replies before disappearing into his room. I close the door behind me and let my emotions run free. It was hard not to smile like an idiot in front of Loki. I stare at the dress. Here we go.
After an hour and a half, I'm done just in time. The dress fits beautifully on me. I have deep green eye shadow on that brings out my eyes. I have black high heels on. I have no idea how I'm going to last the night in them. Just as I latch my bedroom door behind me, Loki comes out of his room. The suit looks so handsome on him. I walk up to him.
"Wow. You look amazing, Loki." I say speechless.
"Have you seen yourself?" He looks at my dress. I look at the clock. We got to leave.
"We should leave. We're going to be late." I say grabbing my purse and rushing out the door with Loki at my side. After a long car ride we get to the party. Me and Loki spend hours dancing to the music. He's enjoying himself. He doesn't care about the people around us. He only pays attention to me. After a really upbeat song stops, a slow one comes on. Loki grabs my hand and gently puts his hand around my waist.
"This night was the best night I've ever had." Loki tells me, looking into my eyes.
"I'm glad you like it here," I say back. He starts to lean in on me. I start to lean in on him. Our faces are getting closer. As we get closer I think. I can't do this. I lost my fiancé only three years ago. I'm not ready for this. Just as our lips are about to touch, I pull away. He opens his eyes.
"I'm sorry. I can't do this." I say right before walking away.