Illusions

Loki
The shock that Mackenna was starting to get her memory stayed with me. Since Mackenna was sleeping in my own room, I had to sleep in another room. When she slept in my room she seemed to gain more memories back. We had put her in another room one night and she had gained nothing that night, she only gained some fear of me. So the next night we put her back in my room. Everyday Frigga, along with a healer, would meet her in the room and ask what memories she had gained. It was a slow process. Frigga told me not to enter the room until she had gained everything back.
One day she refused to tell anyone anything. The healers had no choice but to leave her alone. I heard that she was refusing and I walked straight to my room. She was sitting on the bed with her eyes closed. She was trying to focus on something. Something shimmered and a scene got laid out in front of her. It look like an illusion in which only me and Frigga could create. It looks as though Frigga had given Mackenna some of her powers to show her memories. That's why I wasn't allowed in here. I make no noise in hope she will not see me here. I watch the image in front of me.
I see my helmet on the ground. There is grass and a quad. I see my black hair in the grass. The illusion her walks towards the illusion of me. She picks me up. I watch the scepter fall out of my hand as she puts my unconscious body onto the quad. This must be her very first memory of me. When I had first come to Midgard. I watch my body shake violently as she takes me to the house. I see how easily she lifted me off the quad. I began to stir in her arms. My eyes open and stare right at her. I remember that moment. I was confused as to why someone was holding me but then I looked into her eyes and saw beauty and trust. That is why I was so kind to her. I knew she was the one that I had come for.
But that is all she can remember because the image shifts. It goes blurry and she makes an illusion of Frosty. The illusion comes running at me.
"Loki, I know you are there." She says. The illusion disappears. I stand from my hiding place.
"I knew you would come if they told you I wasn't telling them anything. You worry about me too much," she says. Her eyes remain closed.
"So, Frigga gave you some of her powers?" I ask. Her eyes open and she looks at me.
"Yeah. She wanted to be able to see the memories too. She wanted to see what we had done together," she explains to me.
"Show me another one," I tell her. I sit on the bed beside her, but I keep a distance. They had said she would not be ready yet. She closes her eyes and another image appears. I watch them for hours.
They are all a mixture of the same memories over and over again. But it interests me all the same. One I'm standing in front of her house showing her my Frost Giant form for the first time. The other she is getting speared by the ice. I see Frosty. The party when she was in her beautiful dress. Me getting beat up by James. I see no memories of Logan or of her being kidnapped.
All of the sudden a new memory springs in front of us both. I see myself proposing to her. Then it's gone. Her eyes are opened and she is staring at me.
"What?" I ask. I blush.
"That's why you were on one knee before the Frost Giant attacked." She says. She gasps. She closes her eyes again and yet another memory comes before us. It's of the first thunderstorm we had when I was at her house. I see her stand beside my bed. I see myself lift the blanket and allow her to join me in the bed. The image disappears and she smiles widely. I see that it is dark outside.
"I should be leaving," I say.
"No. Please stay. It felt nice when you slept with me," she tells me. She goes into the bathroom and changes into the purple robe. I had held that thing until I had no more tears in me the other day. She lays down in bed. I change as well. I join her in the bed and she curls up next to me. She seemed like herself once more. I drift off to sleep right after she does. I wake in the morning and there is a little emerald velvet box sitting on my night table. I smile at it. I turn to Mackenna and grin.