Beaten

Loki

Mackenna had been looking worried these past couple of days. She wouldn't let me out of her sight. She slept with me at night. I kept my eye on her. She would always be looking outside, as if she was expecting someone. I couldn't handle her anxiety anymore.
"Mackenna. You've been really worried these last couple of days. What's wrong?" I ask. She sighs.
"I owe some money to this guy, and he said if I didn't bring the money to him he will come for me." She looks up and me and then at the floor.
"Why didn't you tell me? I could've straightened this out," I tell her. She just shakes her head. I wrap my arms around her.
"I will never let anything happen to you. Never." I whisper into her hair. She relaxes a little bit. All day and night she still stares out the window. Once she fell asleep I picked her up and brought her to her room. I sat on the couch finally having the chance to relax. In the afternoon she finally came out of her room. The first thing she did was look out the window. The sun was beating down on the brown grass. There was no sign of anything. All of the sudden I hear her gasp. I run over to her and I see a man standing there at the edge of the bushes. I grab her arm and bring her outside. Now he is in the middle of the lawn. He stomps towards us. I stand protectively in front of Mackenna.
"Where's my money, Mackenna?" He taunts her, "get out of my way, pretty boy." He snarls at me. I don't move. He comes up to me and shoves me. My temper is rising.
"I'll teach you. I'll teach you not to get in my way, boy." He starts at me. I'm froze. I can't move, I can't think. He tackles me. He starts beating me. Pain spreads all over my body. I try to fight back, but he is on top of me and I can't move. I can hear Mackenna screaming at him to stop. She grabs his arm to try to pull him away, but he pushes her hard. She falls to the ground. I can feel the blood trickling down my face. I can't hold my disguise much longer. My vision is starting to go black. I loose my disguise. The man stops. He saw that I changed. He looks confused.
"Loki? Loki!" I can hear her scream. The weight came off of me.
"Loki!! Help Loki!! Get off me!" I can hear her screaming but I can't move. The last thing I see is her being held and brought away. Then I black out.