Healers

Loki

I sit in the vineyard staring at the pool of blood. I look up at the body of the Frost Giant. I want every single one of the Frost Giants to be killed. I never want to see another one in my life. Frigga soon comes to get me.
"Loki," she says.
"What?" I cut her off.
"They think Mackenna might make it. Her heart was still beating when your brother brought her to the healing room." She tells me. I almost loose my balance. I run as fast as I can towards the palace. I run to the healing room. There are healers everywhere. Thor is standing in the far corner of the room. He walks towards me.
"I'm sorry for my impoliteness towards you and her. I should have respected your happiness. And now that we are in this situation, I am truly sorry, brother," he says. The healers distract me. They start yelling.
"What's going on?" I ask the nearest healer.
"She is crashing. We don't think she will pull out of this." He tells me. All of the sudden everyone becomes silent.
"No. No, please no. NO!" I scream. The healers clear the room and Thor leaves with them. I run up to Mackenna's motionless, dead body.
"You said you would live. You broke your promise," I whisper. Two guards come into the room to take her body away but I send them off. With tears streaming down my face, I create an illusion of her. She stands and looks at me. It's from a memory. She looks up and a snowflake falls gently on her tongue. She looks at me and laughs.
"Haha! You got to catch in in your mouth! Not your eye!" She laughs. I approach the illusion of her. I put my hand out towards it. It disappears in front of me. I look at her real body on the bed. Bandages are covering the place where the ice had entered her body. I place my hand on the wound.
"Mackenna, come back to me," I beg. I know it will not work. I sit with her for hours. I watch her body. Anyone who dared come into the room was yelled at. I didn't want anyone near me or her. Just as I'm about to fall asleep, her face cringes. I check her heart beat. There is one, it's faint but it's there. Tears stream out of my eyes.
"MOTHER!" I yell. Frigga comes running.
"Loki? What's the matter?" She asks.
"She is alive, she made it," I tell her. She smiles at me and takes me into an embrace.
"Oh, Loki. I knew she would make it," she assures me. I cry in her arms. Mackenna can make it through anything. She is strong.