Nightmares

Mackenna

I lay in my bed late at night. Loki is snoring beside me. "Do you want to come to Asgard with me?" The question keeps swirling in my head. I had told him that I had to think about it. I'm not ready to travel to another realm, but I also want to see his family. It's double sided and I don't know what side to take. Loki shifts beside me and his arm ends up around my waist. I lay awake for hours. Soon as the clock hits three, I fall asleep.

*****Loki*****
When I wake, Mackenna is in a deep sleep. I shake her but she doesn't wake. I carefully get out of bed. Frosty is scratching at the door. As fast as I can without making any sound, I let her out. There is a beautiful dusting of snow covering everything. It reminds me of yesterday. I don't understand why she wanted to see me like that. I was scared that she wouldn't love me anymore, I was scared she would send me off. But I was wrong, she took me for who I was. She was the girl who I searched for, the girl whom I came from Asgard for. Frosty comes running back at full speed. I close the door behind myself. I go check to see if Mackenna is awake yet. She is still fast asleep. I go to the kitchen and make myself breakfast. It's nothing special. I turn on the tv and watch until at least noon.
*****Mackenna*****
Strange dreams take over my sleep. Many times I watch Loki turn blue, others I am in an unknown place with him. There is a castle in the back round, but soon as I want to take a closer look, it all disappears and I'm in front of a mirror. My eyes start to turn a crimson red. I watch as the blue colour spreads on my skin. I just watch in horror. Then I see Loki walk in behind me. He is in his frost giant form too. The new word startles me. It just came to me. Loki is taking in my new body.
"Mmmmm. You'll make for a ravishing frost giant. We can rule together," he says in a velvety voice. I give him a puzzled look. He just keeps walking up to me slowly. When he reaches me, he grabs onto my shirt. He starts to kiss my neck. I give him an annoyed look. He starts the pull the shirt off. I slap his hand away.
"No Loki. I'm not doing it," I tell him sternly. His face contorts. A look of anger shows. I back away from him. I back up until my back meets a wall. Where my hand touches, frost spreads. I pull it away. Loki is walking towards me, his blue hand reached out to me. My heart starts pounding in my chest. With one flick, there is frost shooting from his hand, advancing towards me. I scream, and it wakes me. Sweat is pouring down my face. Loki comes rushing in.
"Mackenna!? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asks as he sits on the bed beside me, taking me into an embrace.
"I'm fine. I just had a nightmare." I tell him as I try to stop my hand from shaking.
"What was it about?" He asks. I shake my head.
"It's a stupid thing." I tell him.
"I don't care. I want to know. Is that too much to ask?" Loki tells me. He starts rubbing my shoulder. I explain the whole dream. Apparently he was a frost giant. How I got that word, I don't know. A couple of times Loki stiffened at my side as I was explaining. He explained some things that weren't true, and I soaked it all up. It was so interesting. He told me stories of the frost Giants. Of how Odin had defeated Laufey and had taken something from him. How Odin had found him as a baby and took him in. I held on to his every word. By the end of the day, we were still sitting in my bed as he kept talking. Loki didn't stop, and I didn't stop him. Soon his words slowed and he fell asleep. I think it was nice that he told someone about everything. To get all of that off of his shoulders. It was only eight so I sat down in a chair, put on some music and began to read. Frosty curled up on my lap. The book got me thinking. It's almost Christmas, so if I were to go with Loki I would spend my Christmas with his family. I don't want to burden them. But it would also be nice to get away. Both sides were both equal weighted. At around nine thirty Loki came out of the room.
"Had a good dream?" I ask him, spotting a line of drool coming out of his mouth. I giggle.
"What?" He asks.
"Nothing," I laugh harder.
"Mackenna, I will get the truth out of you one way or another," he teases.
"Fine. You have drool coming down the side of your mouth," I tell him, sticking my tongue out and laughing. He quickly wipes it away and blushes. I stand and get the last bit of it. I kiss him. It still feels like it's as though I never kissed him before. It's a new sensation every time. My fake leg starts to bug me. I pull away. His eyes remain closed for a fraction of a second before he notices that I'm not kissing him. In that second I decide that I want to go to Asgard. It would be lovely to meet them all. Frigga seems the most lovely, the way Loki speaks of her. Thor seems incredibly arrogant though.
"Loki?"
"Yeah"
"I want to go to Asgard,"