Christmas

Mackenna

Loki has not stopped smiling for the past couple of days. He wears the stuff I bought him in the first week I met him. They look so nice on him. He seems almost proud. Even as I lay in bed I can't help but look at him. He never said when we were leaving so I don't know when or what I should pack. Loki stirs in his sleep. I look over at him and smile. Out of all places to land when he fell, he landed in my field. He took me on the adventure that I never dared to take, and I thought it was amazing. Even though I lost part of my leg and got tortured, I don't regret anything. It taught me to love and never let go. To that thought I fall asleep. When I wake, Loki is staring at me. I smile.
"Good morning, beautiful." He says.
"Good morning," I reply. He sits up and right away walks over to my dresser and picks up my leg. I pull myself up and let him put it on. I yawn. When it's on I get up and let out Frosty. I make some breakfast. I guess Loki was taking a shower because it scared me when he came around the corner with only a towel on his waist and he came and tapped my shoulder. I stare at him. He doesn't have too many muscles, but he's beautiful over all.
"What?" He smirks. I shove him, laughing.
"You did that on purpose! You know I'm not that kind of person!" I smirk back at him.
"Oh really?" An evil grin spreads on his face. My heart starts beating faster. I grin at him until he slowly starts walking towards me. He presses his bare chest up against me and starts kissing me. I can't help but kiss him back. I wrap my arms around his waist. His skin is soft and smooth. He puts his hands on my hips. I want to so badly but I can't. I pull away. I stay in his arms just breathing heavily on his chest. He rests his chin on top of my head.
"I understand, Mackenna," he mumbles. I nod into his chest. He tries to walk away but I tighten my grip. I still want to hug him. It makes me forget. I let his smell consume me. I don't know why I felt like that. After some time I let him go. I look at the calendar. I completely forgot it was the second week of December. We have to set up the Christmas tree. After Loki comes back and eats we go pick a tree and set it up. While we were decorating, Loki ended up tangling the garland and getting into the mess too. I laughed at him when it had somehow wrapped around him. I got him out of the mess and finished decorating.
Before I knew it, it was Christmas. I had done all the shopping, so there were gifts under the tree. I woke up early, shaking Loki awake. I had to wait for him to put on my leg. The whole time I was bouncing with excitement. I ran to the tree and there were more presents under it. Loki followed me soon after. He sat on the floor beside me as he handed me the first gift. I didn't know he bought me a gift. I remember giving him two hundred dollars for him to spend, but I though he used it for something else. I rip off the wrapping. It's a little blue velvet box. I open it. Sitting on the velvet inside it is a beautiful sapphire with diamonds surrounding it. It looks a little like a snowflake.
"Loki, this is beautiful," I tell him.
"It was my mother's. I brought it with me so I could give it to my lover. And I don't think there is any human fit for that necklace but you," he explains. A tear slips from my eyes. His words are beautiful. He takes the little box from my hand and takes the necklace out. I lift up my hair as he slides it on to my neck. He smiles at me when I show him. I gesture to the gifts. He picks one of his out. As he unwraps it his face lights up. It's the little gold locket I gave him. I take it from his hand and open it up. I show him the little picture of me that is forever in it now.
"Thank you Mackenna. I will treasure it forever," he says as he slips it into his pocket. When we both have all our presents unwrapped, Loki has a whole bunch of gift cards for men's clothing shops, I have a few things that he had from Asgard and beautiful jewelry. I kiss him after.
"Thank you for everything, Loki," I tell him. We clean up all the wrapping paper and sit on the couch. I sit there staring at the necklace. I think of the first time I met Loki. Of how I saw him fall, when I picked him off the ground and put him on my quad. I remember when he woke up in my arms as I was bringing him into my house. They were awkward memories but I enjoyed them so.
"Mackenna, do you have someone to look after Frosty while we will be away?" Loki asks me.
"Uh, my mom said as soon as I would ask her she would gladly come," I reply, "why?"
"Because we are leaving," he tells me. He takes me and brings me out onto the lawn. It was freezing.I quickly text my mom to tell her we left and to come get Frosty. Loki looks up at the sky.
"Heimdall! Bring forth the bifrost!" He yelled. Prisms of colours surrounded us. I griped onto Loki as hard as I could. The prisms dance around us. It felt as though I was being lifted. But it was all over so fast. As I squint I see it. Asgard.