Thunder

Loki was happy to be with me. Every day before bed he would make me a cup of warm milk and send me to bed. He was very nice for someone who came from another world.
Loki was in the garden picking some raspberries as I picked out some weeds. My Dad's clothes were a bit big on him but he wore them every day. He looked dorky in them. His suit from Asgard is sitting in my room, waiting to be fixed. All of the sudden Loki grabs me and drags me to the raspberry bush and ducks down behind them. I don't know what he wants until he points at an animal. A bear is walking not 50 feet away from us. Loki always has his staff at his side. He takes it and points it at the bear.
"NO! Don't kill it Loki! it's not doing anything." I tell him.
"Why? This bear could hurt you in the future, so why don't I kill it now?" he looks at me confused. I laugh. Bad idea. The bear sees movement and starts to run at us. I scream. Loki points his staff at the bear and it's like it disappears. My breath is fast. I fall to the ground, trying to calm myself down. I had bad memories when it came to bears. My uncle had almost died from an attack. Loki drops his staff and kneels beside me,
"Mackenna! Are you okay?" he asks.
"I'm fine. I just have issues with bears," I tell him.
"So why didn't you let me kill it in the first place?"
"Because I was always taught, that if it wasn't hurting you, then there is no point in hurting it." I explain. He nods. He helps me up and takes me back to the house. He makes me some iced tea as I sit on the couch. Evening is rolling in. Dark clouds fill the sky as I watch. They were calling for thunder storms. I hate them. They scare me. I stay up to make dinner and eat, but by then I need to sleep. The storm hasn't rolled in yet so I should be able to get some sleep. I crawl into my bed and fall asleep.
Before I know it, I'm jerked awake by the sounds of thunder. I get out of bed and walk towards Loki's room. When I open the door, Loki looks at me.
"Can't sleep?" He asks.
"No. Thunder storms keep me up." I tell him. He lifts up the blanket in front of him. I don't know why, but I walk forward and curl up in that little space on the bed. My body fits perfectly into the curves of his. He puts the blanket back over me and lays his arm over me too. My head is resting on top of his other arm. He smells like lilacs. And slowly, to the smell of lilacs, I fall asleep.