Morphine

I wake up in a hospital. My arm is wrapped tightly. Mackenna is in a bed straight across from me. She is still asleep. There are so many things getting pumped into her body. There are tubes coming out of my arm. It scares me. A women opens the door and walks in.
"Good to see you awake, uh, Loki." She says as she checks all the tubes. I nod.
"You guys look like you've been through hell. Good thing you were found. What were you doing out in the woods anyway?" She asks.
"Camping, we got lost." I lie. She can't know what really happened.
"Is that so? She seems to be in a lot worse shape than she should be if you were just camping. I know you're lying, Loki. I'm a nurse who does have connection with S.H.I.E.L.D. I know what's going on." She tells me.
"Oh." That's all I could say.
"She lost quite a bit of blood. And you as well. Both of you are lucky to be alive." She sits in the chair beside my bed.
"Do you know when she is going to wake up?" I ask her. I am so scared for her. She sighs and walks over to her.
"The doctors had to put her in a coma so her body has time to heal. She won't be up for another week at least," She looks at me. "I'm sorry." A tear spills out of my eye. A strand of my hair falls in my vision. I pull it away.
"Will she really wake up, or will she be not normal." I don't know how to explain it. My arm starts to throb. I wince.
"She will be okay. She might still have problems with re-cooperating after all she's been through." The nurse tells me. I'm more aware of the pain spreading through my body.
"You in pain?"
"Yes. Badly." I wince again. She runs out of the room and comes back with a little glass jar. She hooks it to a tube that runs into my hand.
"Morphine," she tells me. I watch it flow out of the bottle and into the tube. I can feel the drowsiness run through my body. It makes me uncomfortable.
"What is this stuff doing to me?" I say in a whisper. My consciousness disappearing. She doesn't say anything. I struggle to speak, but I'm gone.