Chapter 1

I walked briskly through the surrounding trees, eager to get to my usual spot and capturing images on the beautiful area. Actually, area would be an understatement, this forest goes on for miles, the further you go, the darker and denser it gets; hence why I've only gone a mile in. My eyes lit up as I reached the small clearing I'd discovered long ago, my footsteps slowed slightly as I'd finally reached my destination. Tall redwood trees tower above me, looking as though is they were touching the clouds. Birds flew through the tense trees, making their home on the thick branches. Up ahead a river stream flowed throughout the quiet forest, the sound relaxing my mind as I gently slid the (F/C) backpack off my right shoulder before crouching down and unzipping it, taking out my black Canon EOS camera. I messed with the lense and such before finally readying myself for the day ahead.

By the end of the third hour, I'd taken a reasonable number of photos and now felt satisfied for the day. I strolled back slowly towards the clearing, mentality going over all of what I'd managed to capture. Trees and insects, birds and waterfalls. The thought of these brought a smile upon my face as my mood was lifted high, that is, until I reached back to the clearing. My brows scrunched up as I look at my backpack, its contents now laid and sprawled across the lush green floor. I swiftly moved over towards my belongings, making sure all were accounted for. I checked and double checked but nothing seemed to be missing. "Damn raccoons." I shake my head with a sigh putting the items back in its bag. Swinging the heavy bag over my shoulder I make my way out of the woods.

— One hour later —

I sat impatiently at one of the booths closest to the window, tapping my index finger against the surface of the freshly wiped table with a bored expression on my face. After about five minutes of waiting, the small bell above the main door chimed, signaling someone had just entered the small tearoom. My eyes darted up quickly as I tried to contain the unamused look that was on my face, I failed however as my fiancé took a seat opposite me. A slight smile crept its way onto my red lips before I could even control it.

He laughed heartily and began his excuse on why he was late, it was a few moments before I stood to order our drinks. I walked slowly up to the counter and asked for the same thing the two of us had ordered for the past year without fail. A black coffee for him and a cappuccino for me. As the slightly overweight male behind the counter began to type something into the register, I pulled out my purse and opened it quickly. Pulling out a twenty-dollar bill, handing it to the cashier, it was only when I went to put the change back into said purse that I noticed it.

The picture of me and Derek was missing, it had been in my purse for the last 2 years so there's no way I took it out. Memories of my bag being left open and its contents spread across the forest floor crossed my mind. My heart sank as realization hit me; someone must have taken the photo. I quickly grabbed the two coffee cups off the counter and thanked the male, walking back over to Derek quickly, telling about my missing photo, he of course, didn't believe me. "I'm sure you just misplaced it!" He assured me for the fifth time, I sighed and lent back against my seat, knowing there was no changing his mind on this.

My eyes glanced over to the silver ring my finger, a small smile curled its way to my lips. A larger hand was then placed on mine, giving it a light squeeze, I brought my attenuation up to Derek who looked at me with a gentle smile. "Not long you know." He says, bringing my hand up and kissing my knuckles. "Only six months left till you're my wife." I laugh at that, slipping my hand away from his face, propping my chin on the palm of my hand. The thought was a strange one. That on only six months I'll soon be known as Mrs. (Y/N) Thomson, just thinking about it felt...weird; in a good way of course. Me walking down the aisle, in a beautiful white dress with Derek at the altar. Every now and then, I'll pinch myself, waiting to wake up and all of this to be a dream. But I won't wake up as, this is actually happening. I know it sounds cliché, like some Hollywood romance movie bullcrap.

We've been together for three years, I met him at a business firm, where we worked. I was a personal secretary for his while he was director of business lending, whatever that meant. He was stupidly smart but also a major arse at times.  I remember hating him so much that it sort of drawled me closer to him because of it. He would constantly get of my nerves, scream in my ear that I wasn't doing my work correctly, that I was three minutes late or that I didn't look presentable enough. One time, I remember him coming up to the front desk, slamming his hand down next to me, making me jump in my chair while he pointed to the time on his wrist.

"You're ten minutes late. Why is that?" Traffic. It was the truth, I was stuck in a cab before throwing the driver half the cash in my bag and leaving, running as fast as possible in high heels along the stand still road just to get to my job. His response? "Next time, wake up earlier so you're not late." God, was I pissed, but I couldn't do anything about it either. I hated the job and I hated the man I was forced to work with. But I needed the money, with paying off school debt, food and utility bills all my money was flying out the window; along with my dream. I hardly had the time to focus on what I wanted really wanted to do — freelance photography.

There was another time where he really set me over the edge, he had me grab him a coffee. Not the one in break room but from the coffee shop three and a half blacks away. I sat the coffee down on his desk, forcing a smile on my face. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought of throwing him against the wall a few times. As I was turning away, he spoke from his desk "Quit that hobby of yous" He said. "What you're doing right now is meaningless" I stopped in my footsteps looking straight ahead of me, his reflection in the mirror was watching me, as I gripped the hem of my pencil skirt. "You're constantly late for work, wearing the same three outfits every other day and live in an unsafe area where the drug, crime and rape crimes are high." He continued.

I could barely get out any words "You- you don't understand." I didn't turn around to face him. I just look at him through the mirror. He put up a hand to stop me. "No, you don't understand, I know you're paying off some type of debt. If I were to put down $100,00 on the table right now you wouldn't be saying that would you?" I remember that unaffected look he gave me, like he didn't give a shit about what he just said. Turning around, I grabbed the hot coffee off his desk and threw it at him before stomping out of his office and out of the building. I was fired that very same day. How we ended up being happily engaged is beyond me, after I was fired it was him that called to apologies and catch up. And we went from there. I didn't let our past rivalry taint my newfound opinion on the male, and I don't hold his past actions against him. As far as I'm concerned, the past isn't in the past, it all happened for a reason and I couldn't be happier because of it.

"Only six months left till you're my husband." I reached over the small table, my lips connecting with his own in a soft kiss. The stubble of his jaw tickled; I could feel his lips pull into a smirk as his tongue grazed my bottom bit. The earthy pine scent of his aftershave ran shivers down my spine, that was something I couldn't live without. Pulling away Derek put one last kiss onto my cheek, giving me a one dimple smile.

"I love you"

I smiled, this really was the man of my dreams, and nothing would be able to take that feeling away from me. "I love you more"

~~~~

GUESS WHOS BACK? BACK AGAIN!

OH SHIT MY BITCHES! Finally this story is back out, who knew it would take this fucking long?! I sure as hell didn't.

yes i know the chapters are kinda short but not much I want can do about it but most importantly....for this story, nothing much has changed. Mostly grammar/spelling errors I saw (Still probably didn't catch them all let's be honest) For the over plot of the story, nothing much is changing, it's still going to have its darer themes but might take longer than last time since I felt like it was rushed...

Other chapters are still currently in the works but I still don't know when those ones will be out, I can holt hope soon.

(Also my phone is broken so I can't see how the formatting is in mobile forum, lemme know if it looks like shite, thanks)

Anyway! lemme know what you think of it now, I'd love feedback and such it's always good to hear it.

-Lilly <3