Chapter 3

The man walked through the quite, vacant street, his hood up concealing his face and head down as he took extra precaution not to be seen as it was still relatively light outside. After finally reaching the house he had in mind he jogged up the steps, grasping onto the doorknob, twisting it a few times. Locked. He knew it would be but wanted to make sure. Looking around his surrounding the man took a few steps back, squatting down onto the floor and pulling away the welcome mat; nothing. It would be stupid to leave a key under the mat, it's the 21st century and people aren't that naive.

He Searched the potted plants on either side of the door, checking in its leaves, dirt and under the pot but again nothing was to be found. The hooded man was starting to grow irritated now, if he stayed here any longer, he'd look suspicious. He was already cutting it short with time, not knowing when either of the couple would be coming home. Quickly and swiftly, he went back down the steps and picked up a rock, getting ready to throw it at a window, that is until he notice something. Placing the rock back in it's small pile the male walked back towards the front door, leaning up on the tips of his toes whilst blindly searching the top lip of the door... got it.

He finally found the damn key, being right under his nose, or above it? it didn't matter, he had it. Looking behind his back one last time; making sure no one was in sight before inserting the key into its hole. As the male pushed the door open he paused, waiting for some type of alarm to start blaring out, alerting the police or locals of his presence but nothing happened. He scoffed, but this made his job a hell of a lot easier. Shutting the door, the male began his adventures through the house. It smelt sweet, like vanilla and honey. This, mixed with the pleasant warmth filling the house, gave an incredibly welcoming feel. So much so that he wished to be in it all day, it does something to him, it calmed his mind with the thoughts that ate away at him. Though the warm feeling only lasted for a few seconds however as his nose picked up on something else. A different kind of sent that seemed to lingered in the air, he wasn't sure what it was, but it definitely didn't give off a warm feeling as just a few seconds ago.

Walking around a corner, he found the kitchen. It had a small island, enough to sit four people, it being the divider from the living and cooking area. The kitchen sink held a few empty glasses and dirty plates with the remaining food stuck to them. The hooded male scrunched up his nose in disgust and promptly left the kitchen. The living room was nothing special either. Just a decent sized television and a bookshelf that stood only half full; he paid no mind to this room and instead went off to explore another room.

The next he came across was a dark laundry room, EJ flicked the switch that was on the side of the wall and the room filled with light instantly. In the corner sat cleaning supplies and a basket filled to the brim of dirty clothing. The male was about to turn away, seeing nothing of any importance, until....he caught sight of a pair of black and blue lace panties. Quietly, EJ walked across the room and picked them up, examining them for a second before pressing the article of clothing against the nose of his mask. He inhaled deeply, causing him to let out a small hum as a small shiver of delight crept down his spine. 'Jesus fucking Christ.' He felt more awake than before, like he had just been injected with amphetamine. Christ he needed more of it. A sick grin crept onto his chapped lips as he stashed the panties into his worn out jean pocket before rummaging through the pile, finding the matching bra and felt satisfied. On deciding this was enough he turned on his heel, making his way back down the small hall. 

There was nothing special he saw in the next room spare room and a bathroom, both having no life to them; just the typical stuff. Paying those rooms no mind, he sought out one more room. Opening the last door on the left he finally saw the room he'd been looking for (Y/N)'s  bedroom. Immediately he pulled open closet doors and drawers, ransacking the place but not noticeable enough to cause alarm. Closing everything once again, EJ sat on the side of the bed he knew was hers. The hooded male could practically see her now, sitting here, in this very spot, climbing over that man, kissing him, hugging him, laughing with him. The thought of it made his anger boil.