Chapter 15

Is it nearly 5am while I post this? Yes. Is this chapter shite? Absolutely yes. Are there going to be spelling errors and grammar errors? Yes. Am I going to release more than one chapter? Also yes ❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tension in the air was thick. I thought getting that off my chest could feel good. Relieving even. But that weight still sat heavily on my shoulders. Guilt wiggling itself through the cracks and eating me alive. Ugh. I need to sit down. Wordlessly, I stumble my way out from the kitchen and into the living room, flopping onto the sofa I lay my head awkwardly on the arm rest. I'm ready to close my eyes but something small catches my eye on the coffee table. Sitting up I grab the small polaroid photo. The photo is definitely worn out, a few creases go down the middle with the colour being faded and washed out.

Running a thumb over my mothers face I chew the inside of my cheeks. At the bottom of the photo holds her neat cursive hand writing with the words "My baby <3"

Mum smiles widely to the camera, holding a child no older than five in her arms. She looks younger, much younger at that. The grey in her (H/C) isn't as predominate, the lines around her face are no longer there, hair much shorter then it is now but, most of all...I can see the smile in her eyes. She looks happy, a genuine happiness that I can't recall seeing before.

But...that isn't me with her. The baby.  it's Addison. Besides the fact that her hair is a much darker shade of mine, the time stamp on the bottom right gives it right away.  December 24, 1993. Two years before I was even around,  to say that stung a bit, would be an understatement of the year.  Crumpling up the photo in my hand I let it drop to the floor and bounce under the sofa to eventually forget and collect dust. Uhg, I need to close my eyes, just for a little bit. Get rid of this growing headache that rattled like a maraca my brain. With an arm draping over my  my heavy eyelids I fall into a light sleep.

The sound of birds chirped away through my slumber little by little until I started to feel myself wake. Unwillingly of course. I was mostly why I just wanted to continue to lie there, see if I'd fall back to sleep. But then the soft sounds, sounds of my name being called pulled me out further from my slumber. I could have sworn it was only minutes, just as fast my eyes were closed they were shot open with green ones staring down at me. My body jolts, hitting the back of the sofa with a breathless gasp leaving me. "God...."

"Good morning. Again." A smile comes my way, a cold hand resting in my knee. I blink more then several times, only now seeing him in a different attire while also holding a plate of food.  A single slice of eggy bred with three slices of bacon and fruit on the side. It was always fun watching him cook and he was pretty damn good at it as well.

"You're dressed up." Pulling myself up into a sitting position I take the plate from his hands mumbling a small thanks. Giving a nod in response he takes a seat at the edge of the table, hands folding onto his knees while I poke around the food. The eggy bred is just the way I like it. A little bit of extra cinnamon with light icing sugar scattered around both the bred and the fruit. Cutting the bred up, offering him a piece but he deleted new it by shaking his head.
"Yeah, I have to go into work, the guys were blowing up my phone while you were out of it and issues are happening left and right. Some say a transaction was made some say it wasn't and some say its missing. I swear these guys don't know what the hell they're doing." Even with that last bit said in a whisper I mange to catch it and laugh lightly under my breath. Nothing was ever done right unless he did it himself. A little cocky, but again, one of the things I loved about him.

Reaching up, he settled a comforting hand on the side of my cheek, his fingers gently brush away strands of hair from my face and tucking them behind my ear.