Chapter 4

Days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months. Every day feeling longer than the last. It's almost painful how I'm feeling, but I just can't describe what I'm feeling. Its almost phantom really. It's been two full months of feeling eyes grow at the back of my head, I feel them wherever I go, even in my own damn home I feel them. Whenever I close my eyes I can feel a looming feeling wash over me, bolting me awake without a breath. The paranoid gaze I feel that builds up in my chest comes and goes, some days better than others.

This feeling stirs in my chest once again, I lick my lips and bring my eyes up to the woman who sat in front of me. Her long caramel brown legs are crossed over one another. Black curls done up in a neat bun that match her equally dark eyes that hide behind a pair of red framed glasses resting on the bridge of her button nose. Doctor Naomi Foster, my therapist. This would be my fourth- no, sixth time seeing her in these two months.

Derek was the one who had found her for me, he had noticed I'd been on edge for a while and thought talking to a professional might help. I disagreed however, I didn't need feel the need to talk to someone about some weird feeling I had. After some minor arguments I had finally agreed to go.

"Y/N, are you with me?" It takes her another call of my name to bring me out of my inter trance.
I blink one, two, three times before slowly nodding my head. "Yeah, I'm uh, I'm with you." She can smell my lie from a mile away but doesn't say anything about it. With beautiful red lips she smiles showing a perfect set of pearly white teeth. "Tell me, how have you been feeling as of late?"

"Um..." I close my eyes and think for a moment. "It's....better, I think. The feeling comes and goes, y'know?"

Yes, I've told her about the ghostly eyes I feel.

"Doctor Foster, why is it that I feel this....feeling? Like somebody is, I don't know, watching me? It's taking a toll on me now, I can hardly do the one thing that I enjoy without having ta' looking over my shoulder every five seconds!" My words come out a rapid speed, my hands wringing themselves together in my long sleeved jumper.

"Well," she says, taking her red glasses off and placing them on the small wooden table next to her. "It all comes down to childhood. You said that your mother hovered over you as a child, yes? The constant feeling of being watch as a child manifests into the same feeling once we are older, even if that person isn't around. It's how our mind plays tricks on us, replaying a certain memory from deep in our subconscious that eventually surfers to the top. How is your mom by the way? Have you kept in contact?"

"Yeah, I have. Well, kinda at least. I called her last month, we chatted for a bit, she asked how I was doing, talked about the wedding and the reception, family...." Licking my dry lips I rub the bridge of my nose while pinching my eyes closed. "She is coming to my wedding by the way which is uh, good, right?"

Doctor Foster nods her head, writing something down in a little brown book. "Well, this is all the time we have left, I see a lot of progress in you Y/N, you're going good. I won't be available for our weekly Thursday appointment so would you be able to do Friday instead? Same time." Standing up faster in my chair that I ought of, I nod my head already making a B-line for the door.

"Yes ma'am, thank you for your time. See you next week on Friday." I don't even wait for her final goodbye as I rush through the door and into the dull looking waiting room. Licking my lips for the 10th time today I turn a sharp corner only to be hit in the chest by another one.

"Oh crap, I'm sorry, you alright?" I ask in a rush.
The male takes a few steps back and I can almost immediately notice his face. We haven't spoken but he's here on the same days I'm here for my sessions.