Chapter 5

The soft snores are what greeted my ears first. A smile curved at my lips feeling the morning sun kiss my chilled skin as I thought back to the man who laid next to me.

Gently opening my eyes I see a bare backed Derek, a pillow both under and over his head while I had none. Removing his hand from my bare chest, I slowly sit up, the cold air running a shiver through my naked body as I glance around the scattered clothing around the floor.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I made a move to leave the bed, only to have an arm snake around my wait and pull me back down onto the soft surface. Derek held me close, his face buried in the crook of my neck while his hand traces lines on my inner thigh making me laugh from the ticklish feeling.

"No. no, I'm not doing around round with you, my hips are sore as it is." I laugh with a huff, but I'm dead serious, and he knows it as well. "I've got to go out, and you have work." I slip though his hold, walking around the room, picking up the tossed clothing.

"I told them I'd be in late." Derek yawns, throwing the duvet off his body, I can't help but take a long look at him. Tanned skin, soft brown hair and lovely green eyes with a fleck of blue in them. My eyes trail from his chest all the way down to his-

Quickly feeling heat rush to my cheeks I turn away from him. Okay yes, I get it. I still get embarrassed looking at him in all his naked glory, even if we are engaged.

"Where will you be heading for today?" He puts on a pair of boxers, then a pair of navy blue slacks followed but a crips white button up shirt.

"Don't really know yet, I'll walk around a bit. Gotta find the inspiration and all that." I reach behind my back to clip my bra. It's been a week since my last appointment with Dr. Foster, with her help and the medicine I've been taking for the anxiety....they're helping. I'm slowly but surely starting to feel like my old self and not someone else who held my body.

Other people fell that, don't they? Right?

Hopping around the room with one foot stuck in my trousers I hear my phone make an obnoxious noise. "Oh crap." I hiss, quickly pulling my other leg though the hole while running/hopping to my phone. My phone lights up, buzzing around the small bed side table with the contact in bold white letters. "Mum (Aka observer)" I thought about my options hard, do I not take the call and risk being a missing persons case or do I suck it up and answer?

Well my answer was meet when the phone went quiet, along with my heart which dropped all the way down to the pit of my stomach. "oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap." I blurt out, my hands already on the small 5 inch piece of glass trying to call back the obser- I mean my mum.

It's hardly two rings when I hear the audible clicking noise on the other end.

"Hi mu-"

"Where were you?" Immediately I'm met with a vomit of words enter my ear. "I texted and called you and you didn't answer, are you okay?"

I bring back my phone to see five unread messages, all within the space of five minutes. Oops. I sit on the edge oh the bed, pulling my head and free arm though a shirt. "Yes mum, I'm okay. No need to call the police." I only say that because It happens before. Twice. Once at seventeen and another time when I just turned twenty. "And what do I own this pleasure of you phoning me?

Even without seeing her face I can see her roll her eyes at my comment. "Ha- funny. I'm just phoning in to make sure my little critter is okay. Are you?"

Letting out a small groan I pinch the bridge of my nose. "I already told you, mum I'm all good. Derek and I are just getting ready to head out soon for work."