-32-

Jennie's POV

Only 30 minutes left on the clock before Dad comes to pick me up. I know, I know, I should be asleep by now, trying to get some rest but who can blame me if I can't sit still for even a minute because I'm too excited so here I am, playing with Kuma who can't seem to fall asleep as well. Just then, I got an unexpected phone call from Lisa.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked as soon as I answered her call.

"I couldn't sleep, is your Dad there?" Lisa asked, yeah right, does she really think that she can fool me? Sleepiness is evident in her voice. Wanna know what I think? That blonde is trying to stay up and check on me, she kept on texting me but I wasn't replying back since it would only keep her up.

"Not yet but he's going to be picking me up soon, go to sleep Lisa-ah, it's getting late and you still have school tomorrow." I said while tickling Kuma's tummy.

"But I don't want to go to school since you won't be attending your classes, school is boring without you." A picture of Lisa pouting suddenly flashed in my mind, I can't help but giggle at my imagination since I find it cute.

"Why are you laughing? Nothing's funny!" She whined, making me chuckle louder, just how old is she?

"Because you're cute and you HAVE to attend your classes Lisa-ah, have you forgotten that your grades last semester are on the verge of failing. I can't let you settle for grades that low, and mind you Manoban, we're in school to study and not to flirt around."

"But I'm more interested in studying you rather than studying Math and some Chemistry shit which we won't even be using in business! What the fuck is the use of finding x and y in managing a business."

"I don't know but we both found our ex and neither of us gives a damn fuck about why they freaking left." I tried to joke and paused, anticipating for Lisa's response but all I've got is the sound of her snoring loudly. How dare she fall asleep in the midst of my joke time!

"Goodnight Lili, I love you." As if on cue, I heard the door click making my ears perked up and my head turn towards the direction of the sound.

"Hey there princess." Dad greeted as soon as our eyes met. I gave him my sincerest smile then picked up Kuma as I approached him.

"Good morning Daddy." I said as I pecked his cheeks.

"You ready?" He asked and I eagerly nodded my head. Dad ushered me to the elevator, my hands on his arm while holding Kuma on my other hand, when we got out of the building, Mr. Oh immediately held the door opened for us.

The drive to the airport is nearly two hours, the first thirty minutes of our ride is quiet, I don't know if it's because both of us are tired or just plain awkward, considering how our last encounter ended up in spilling our emotions out, until Dad decided to break the silence.

"Did you sleep?" He asked out of nowhere.

"No, I couldn't sleep." I answered, not looking at him, but looking outside the windows instead. I still can't seem to look at him in the eyes, knowing how he wants me to get back to Taehyung and how I constantly lie to him about my relationship with Lisa.

"Seems like someone's overly excited to meet her Mommy." Dad teased, trying to lift the mood up. I glanced and smiled at him then averted my gaze to Kuma immediately. I heard him heave a sigh, I guess he's taken the hint.

"Jenjen." He called and all I could tell him as a response is a simple hum.

"Listen, I'm sorry for making you feel that way, for making you feel abandoned which is not true. You are my princess and I love you so much. Believe me when I told you that having you is the best thing that has ever happened to me and to your Mom. We love you so much princess." Dad said, a tear escaped from my eyes as I felt the sincerity in his voice. I moved closer to him when I felt his arms on my shoulder then rested my head on his broad shoulders.