-33-

Third-Person's POV

"Jenjen, wake up. Time for brunch." A sweet and feminine voice calling for Jennie woke the brunette up from dreamland. When Jennie opened her eyes, the structure of the room seems familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time greeted her.

'Where am I?' The brown-haired girl thought to herself, she groaned and forced herself up only to be greeted by a small figure of a woman, flashing her million dollar smile whom she recognized as her mother. That's when Jennie's memories came flooding inside her brain, she picked her Mom up from the airport with her father.

Good morning baby. Get up, I cooked breakfast and you have to try it come on wash your face and brush your teeth, I'll wait downstairs." Jennie was left with no choice but to get up since she was practically forced out by her very own mother.

When the brunette went out of her room, the aroma of the food immediately lingered through her nose, making her excited and immediately dashed off towards the kitchen. There, she saw her favorite Kiwi cuisines back in New Zealand.

"Sit down hurry, let's eat together." Excitement filled the voice of Jiyeon, she obviously wanted to spend this day together with Jennie. With that, they both sat down and the mother served various dish on her daughter's plate.

"Is it good? Do you like it? I learnt it for you and your Dad." Jiyeon asked as Jennie took a spoonful of lamb and rice. The brunette's eyes gleamed when it touched her taste buds, she nodded her head with her eyes focused on the food. Jiyeon watched her daughter eat happily, tears of joy at the verge of falling from her eyes.

"Mom where's Dad?" Jennie curiously asked when she noticed that her father's presence was nowhere to be found in their house.

"He has to attend an important partnership meeting so he left early." Jiyeon responded, causing the brunette to frown in disappointment which wasn't left unnoticed by her mother.

"Don't be sad sweetheart, we'll spend this day with just the two of us. Mother and Daughter bonding how does that sound? Don't worry, when your Dad came home, I'll make sure that he'll receive a nagging that he's never received before." She said, trying to lift Jennie's mood up which she successfully did since Jennie's frown was immediately replaced by her gummy smile.

"Great so finish your food quickly. The two of us have a lot of catching up to do, maybe share a little something about that Annoying Lili with a yellow heart that's been calling you and leaving I miss you messages since 10:00 am." Jiyeon teased with a smirk on her face, taking Jennie's phone out of her pocket and wiggling it, causing the younger Kim's face to flush red.

"Mom!" Jennie stole her phone from her mother's grip as fast as lightning, opening the screen only to find out that Lisa left a hundred messages and 23 missed calls.

"Don't worry, your father doesn't know. This little secret remains between the two of us." Jiyeon winked at Jennie before gathering the used plates and placing it in the dish washer.

▪️▪️▪️

"Just let me drive Mom, it's been years since you last visited Seoul, I don't want to get lost you know and I have a student's license." Jennie scoffed, for the last five minutes, the two of them have been arguing who gets to drive them to the mall.

"I'm putting my life in your hands Jennie Kim." Her mother said followed by a deadly glare which her daughter laughed off. They got inside the car and Jennie drove off heading to the mall.

"It's a good thing that you look a lot like me rather than Myungsoo." Jiyeon joked as her eyes scanned through Jennie's face structure as well as her complexion. They have the same cat-like eyes, her daughter's pointed nose is a mixture of both Jiyeon and Myungsoo's, her lips, and the shape of her face.