-35-

Third-Person's POV

"No, I am against this Myungsoo. This is just absurd! Don't do this to Jennie, she deserves better and not that jerk, call off the engagement right now!" Jiyeon instructed and was about to leave together with her daughter but was stopped by Daehyun.

"I'm afraid we cannot just simply do that, because you see, the engagement is part of the contract that Kim Myungsoo signed himself and this contract right here is the proof, and as long as this contract stays the way it is, there's no turning back from this agreement unless one CEO from one party decides so himself." He explained as his assistant pulled the piece of paper out of the briefcase to show the contract.

"Let me see that." Jongkook joined the conversation and stole the paper away from Daehyun's grip. His eyes scanned every word, up until the very last, he tore it to pieces and threw it directly to Myungsoo.

"I knew you would do that, that paper is just one of the hundred copies of the original contract so I'm afraid that your effort to tear the contract to pieces was wasted. Now can we please proceed with our business dinner? The cuisines served by our highly trained employees are getting cold and forcing you to eat our food that's not in its best condition will certainly hurt my ego." With that, the father together with his son sat on their respective seats, but the other five remained standing, their feet remained frozen.

"Mark my words when I told you that I will find a way to terminate this contract and I will find a way to ruin you." Jiyeon stated, eyes glancing back and forth between Taehyung and Daehyun before continuing her sentence. "All of you." Her eyes landed on Myungsoo and stayed still for a couple of seconds before pulling her crying daughter out of the scene together with Jisoo, Sooyeon, and Jongkook.

"You better fix this soon L, or else this won't work. Don't let your daughter and your wife slip from your hands and fall right into the Manobans' palm." Daehyun uttered, the three of them ate silently in anger and as for Myungsoo, a mixed of anger, disappointment, and jealousy, and embarrassment.

"M-Mom d-do something... p-please." The brunette cried out, begging for her Mom to find a way to cancel her engagement. Jiyeon hugged her, providing her the warmth and security like what a good mother does. She can't help but feel pity towards her daughter for having her life controlled by someone else rather than herself.

"Dad, please tell me you have something in your mind." Jisoo said, her voice starting to crack because she can't bare seeing Jennie like this. Right now, they're on their way to the their condominium where Jennie and Jisoo lives to get their things because the older Kims figured out that if Jennie stayed there, it be easier for Myungsoo to reach her and keep her locked up so they decided that it's better for Jennie to lie low for awhile.

"I do, but I don't know if it's going to work or make things worse. Let's talk about it later." Jongkook admitted, he bit his lips as he glanced at the rearview where he saw the image of Jennie struggling with the battle. As they were approaching the guard house, Jisoo recognized the familiar Mercedes-Benz parked near the guard house. As they were right in front of it, the black-haired girl saw a familiar blonde girl who was sitting against the wall with her eyes closed while holding a bouquet of various roses.

Jisoo thought that it would be better for Lisa not to see her lover like this as it would only make everything worse, especially when the younger girl were to know Taehyung and Jennie's engagement so she pretended like she saw nothing as they successfully entered the gates without Lisa noticing. They headed towards their unit without uttering a single word. Jisoo helped Jennie pack her things while the adults assembled at the couch to discuss things further.

"What do you have in mind Jongkook? Just spill it come on." Jiyeon said while grabbing a handful of her hair to let her frustrations out. She can't think of anything to stop Myungsoo and Daehyun because latter has completely taken over her husband's mind.