Chapter 3

Evangeline's P.O.V

As soon as the sneeze escaped from my mouth, I felt my dad stiffened and my eyes widened in fear.

"Are you hiding her from us, Mr. Rossi?" The first guy questioned my father.

"No, Mr. Valentino. Why would I do such a thing?" my father responded back confidently.

So, this guy's name is Valentino. I thought to myself.

"ohh is that so, Mr. Rossi? So kindly tell me why is she hiding at your back then?" he remarked and the other guy with him scoffed loudly.

My father let out a sigh as he slowly moved aside revealing me to the mysterious man.

With my head bowed down in shyness, a silent gasp escaped from my lips the moment I lifted eyes up to the man in front of me

It's him!

As I stared at him, drinking his feature, making a proud smirk form on his face. He knows I am checking him out.

His suit fitted him perfectly, proudly showing his muscles and his black hair gelled back into perfection and a mischievous glint in his eyes. His strong jaw sharp and tattoos showing a little bit on his neck. He got a bad boy aura surrounding him and an attitude of "I am not someone to mess with" type.

This guy is bad news and I can feel it.

"This Evangaline, my daughter and Eva, this is Mr. Valentino." My father introduced breaking me out of my own thoughts, almost making me jump in surprise making me realise that there are other three men with Mr. Valentino watching me like a hawk.

No words came out from my mouth and heat rose up on my cheek as if they were on fire, making all my abilities to speak vanish away like bubbles due to overwhelming anxiety slowly consuming me whole.

Good job Eva at making yourself look like a fool. Why can't you just extend your hand and introduce yourself like normal people?

"Introducing me to your daughter as Abram will be fine, Alex" he stated, keeping his eyes fixed on me the whole time.

He extended his hand for me to shake and my eyes glanced at his extended hand as I contemplated whether to shake it or not.

Warily, I extended my cold hand to shake his. "Nice to meet you" I mumbled trying my best to keep my hand from shaking and my voice from breaking or stammering.

His hand grasped mine in a firm grip. I waited impatiently for him to let go of my hand but he surely is taking his sweet time.

My father cleared his throat beside me and that is when he let go after muttering, "Likewise".

"We're getting late. I think we should go '' my father announced when one of the guys along with Abram interrupted my father.

"Without introducing us?" he questioned in disbelief but jokingly, making me smile a little bit, also making me realise their presence as having Abram in front of me made me forget about them.

I looked sideways at my father to see his reaction expecting him to at least smile at that guy's silliness but he didn't. He still had that neutral face on which made me wonder why he is so uptight with them.

"I'm Nicolas, by the way" he introduced himself with a warm smile on his face. His brown eyes twinkling and his blonde wavy hair neatly combed back. He is built almost like Abram but Abram is a bit taller than him. I shot him a smile, extending my hand.

" And this is Sebestian and Zach" he introduced me to the other two who had a solemn face like Abram.

Sebestian has brown hair and forest green eyes while Zach has pale blue eyes. All four of them look like models fresh out of magazine but however Abram still looks the best for me, especially his dark sleek hair and charcoal black eyes.

As we exchanged formalities, my mother stood beside my father fidgeting with her fingers while my father stood with impatient expression and Abram with his jaw clenched tight, his eyes never left me studying my every move as if he was trying to solve a puzzle.

"We should get going. It's already late. You have to wake up early for your job right?" my father spoke reminding me about my precious job making me almost jump in excitement.

I started working last month at the orphanage. It was actually quite surprising that my father allowed me to work since he is usually too overprotective when it comes to me. And after ages of convincing him he finally gave up but at the condition of taking bodyguards along with me just to be safe.

"Hope to see you around, beautiful" Abram whispered as he leaned forward to my ear and placed a feather light kiss on my cheek, daringly ignoring my father's hard glare, making my eyes widened and I almost gasped for air from the closeness.

Blush tainted my cheek as my ear flared up from his recent actions.

With my head completely fogged, I didn't even realise that he already left, leaving with his drool worthy scent lingering.

This guy is surely something else.

______

Make sure to vote,comment and share.

Follow me on my instagram: nfzbhaiii

to updated when i will be posting the next chapters.