Chapter 16

Abram's P.O.V

" I know I may sound weird now but I don't really have.. like.. umm I don't have friends or I don't know... I know I sound pathetic. I'm sorry. I don't even know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry" She explained, with so much difficulty, the difficulty of finding the right words to express what she really wants to say, but she failed to do so.

I can tell that she's not really someone who openly says what they feel. She's more likely to keep things to herself and not let it out until you urge her to do so.

Her cheeks turned bright red as her big grey eyes shifted glance all around the room as she tried to escape my eyes that cannot help but get drowned at how she bits her lips when she's nervous and when she speaks, her two deep dimples at both sides of her cheeks becomes so prominent.

I'm not going to lie, she's actually beautiful.

I don't even want to get started about her eyes that drown me towards her even more. They're so bright and clear that it feels like you can almost see right through her.

It's hard not to fall for her beauty and I'm afraid. I'm afraid of backing out from my plan. I'm afraid that she'll bring me down instead.

I decided to drop her to her house. I don't exactly know what came over me but the words slipped out of my mouth before I could even stop it.

As I led her out of the restaurant, I could feel her small cold palm against mine shaking. I'm making her nervous and I really don't want that. I want her to completely trust me.

I want her to be comfortable around her or else going with my plan would be difficult. I have to make her trust me. Trust me blindly that I can make dance into my tunes without her being suspicious.

Are you really sure that you still want to take your revenge, Abram? Are you sure that you want to use her? My inner conscience questioned me but I'm so confused. I'm in such a dilemma.

Reaching towards where I parked my car, I opened the door for her which she got in but not before whispering a small thank you.

As we drove towards her house, I made sure to ask for an address despite knowing all too well where she lives just because I didn't want her to be suspicious. That's the very least I wanted.

As we drove, my head was filled with thoughts and confusion. I really have to talk to Sebestian when I get back home. That guy's the only one who's sensible and patient with my anger issues.

"Are you alright?" Evangeline mumbled as she placed her small hand on top of mine, making me glance at her and see her face that was laced with worry, making me realize that I was driving too fast.

"Yeah, I'm good" I replied, slowing down a little bit because she seemed scared for life and I don't blame her.

"Are you sure?" She questioned again which left me no words to say.

Am I really alright? I guess so.

I just nodded my head at her, expecting her to take her hand from mine but she didn't, earning me to grin.

When we entered their property, I literally could see their guards sending signals through their walkie-talkies once they saw my car.

A smirk made their way to my lips as I stopped right outside of the gates and got out to open the door for Evangeline, ignoring the confused look the guards were giving me.

Offering my hand, Evangeline got out, looking at their guards that were behaving so awkward and defensive.

"Thank you so much Abram." She stated, while looking down at her feet with her cheeks turning red.

Why on earth is this girl so shy? Not that I mind, it's really cute though.

"It's not a big deal Evangeline" I answered, ready to get in the car but stopped when she got on her tippy toes to give a kiss on my cheek, taking me completely off guard.

Wait, hold up. Did she just?

Having her so close with her soft plump lips on my cheek was enough for my heart to go wild and before I could even react she pulled away making me frown.

"Bye Abram and thank you once again" she mumbled with her face down, hair shielding her red cheeks from me.

"It's my pleasure, babes" I replied by leaning into her ear and slyly placing a kiss on her soft as feather cheek like I always do since the very first night I saw her. It's becoming a habit but I don't really mind though, she smells divine. So addicting that keeps me wanting more.

And just when I pulled away, her cheeks got even deeper but what caught my eyes was a guy behind the gates glaring at us as if he was disgusted.

Being a guy, that dude was flaming up in jealousy and I can clearly tell it. He probably has a crush on her but as if I would give him a chance.

Smirking, I took Evangeline's hand and placed a kiss on it just to sprinkle salt into that guy's wound. It's better to let him know that Evangeline is mine. Mine, to ruin, and mine to break.

_______