Chapter 23

Evangeline's P.O.V

"Are you f*cking blind?" The man around his 30's in front of me, with his face all red from the anger, exclaimed as he glared at me so deadly, making cower away from him.

Chill out, man. I thought to myself as my hands started to sweat.

"Can't you f*cking see where you're going?" He added, making my eyes glisten with tears as I bowed my head down in shame and from all the attention.

No word came out from my mouth as I completely had no idea what to say.

"How f*cking dare you to shout at her when you're the one who's at fault?" Abram hissed as he got in front of me, protectively.

"Man, get outta here and lemme talk to this girl," the guy remarked, making Abram shook with anger, looking ready to kill and I couldn't even stop him just because I'm too coward.

"The girl that you're talking about is my girl and if you got a problem with her, you better solve it with me" Abram fumed as he fists the guy's collar.

My girl? Please stop it Abram. Stop giving my poor heart false hopes.

People started to gather around us, trying to get a glimpse of the commotion that's happening but the workers coming in between and breaking the two prevented the fight from getting worse which I was really thankful for.

"Mr. Valentino, we apologize for this gentleman's fault." One of the workers, whom I guess is the manager, apologizes, making Abram released his hold from the guy's collar but he leaned into the guy's ears, whispering something that I couldn't hear but whatever Abram said, the guy's eyes widened in fear as he slowly started to back away from us.

Taking Abram's hand that was in a tight fist, I pleaded with him with my eyes to stop as I didn't want this small matter to get bigger unnecessarily.

Looking down at me, he nodded and led me outside but not before pushing that guy out of our way.

He looked much more calmer but the rage on his eyes was still evident.

All I wanted was to get a drink, was it too much to ask?

Once we were outside, he stopped on his track, turning to face me.

Keeping my gaze down, I refused to look at him as I was so embarrassed. Because of my carelessness, a scene was made, and the way he handled the situation scared the hell out of me.

He's definitely not the guy who handles situations by talking.

"Are you still going to work?" He questioned as he lifted my face up with his hands with his thumb softly caressing my cheek, making them instantly heat up.

Yeah, you took me out for a date, you called me, 'Your girl' and now you're acting all sweet. What games are you playing with me, Mr. Valentino?

"I don't know," I whispered, as I looked at his chocolate brown eyes that stared directly into my soul, and for the first time, I could read the emotions that displayed in his eyes and I guess, it was a concern?

"You should probably head back home, you know and change" he suggested as he looked down at my dress that was completely ruined on the chest area, making it stick uncomfortably into my skin but I shook my head no as I recall that Anna would be going to the supermarket.

"No, I have to go today" I mumbled, making him frown.

"Are you sure?" He inquired, making me nod my head in response.

"Okay, if you say so" he added and pulled me into a hug unexpectedly, catching me completely off guard.

"Abram, what are you doing? You're going to stain your shirt too!" I exclaimed but he only tightened his hold onto me, making me surrender into him as I let him hold me, silently wishing that he stays longer.

Call me desperate but I crave for this attention.

"I don't care" he muttered against my hair as I felt him inhale my scent making me want to hide my face as people walked past us, giving us looks.

"Everyone's looking at us" I muttered, making him sigh as he pulled away.

" I'll see you soon, babes"  He stated, as he placed a kiss on my cheek making my eyes flutter closed.

Nodding my head at him, he watched him as I headed towards the car where Rico was already watching us like a hawk, making the smile on my face drop in instant.

Crap, I hope he doesn't tell that to my father.

______