Chapter 19

Abram's P.O.V

After dropping Evangeline, I rushed towards my penthouse where I know the boys are already eagerly waiting for some news, but that wasn't what I'm really looking forward to.

My mind was racing with so many thoughts that it feels like it's going to burst anytime soon.

I have always faced difficulties and obstacles in my life but I have always welcomed them with open arms but this time it's different.

It wasn't just about work or shipping or contacts. It's about a girl. A girl!

I may be a successful billionaire and a businessman but when it comes to women, I'm really inexperienced. I don't have any idea what to do, especially when this woman has been occupying my head since day one, this petite woman who can make me feel nervous with just a mere peck on the cheek and make me feel like a teenage boy whenever his crush is around.

But the frustrating thing is, she's the forbidden fruit.

Parking my car, I climbed out of the car ignoring the looks every bystander was giving me and how they shamelessly were whispering with another.

Taking long strides, I entered the elevator, letting out a sigh. I'm losing my mind and I don't have any idea what to do.

I'm stuck in such a position that I can't seem to decide whether to move on from the past and forget everything or live in the past and take revenge to avenge their deaths.

Reaching my floor, I paddled inside to see Nicholas already waiting right in front of the door while Zack and Sebestian are watching television.

"How did your date go Abram?" Questioned Nicholas with a huge smile on his face, making Sebestian laugh, while I rolled my eyes at him as I took off my suit jacket and that's when I noticed that Zack was trying to ignore me.

Looks like he's still pissed off.

With my shoulders slumped down, I headed towards my study to finish some of my work as I didn't even go to the office today.

As I sat down, I couldn't even get a single work done as images of her smiling at me invaded my head, how easily she would blush and how beautiful she looked in that simple dress. She looks so stunning without even trying to and that's a red flag for me.

"Yo, Abram. You alright?" Sebestian inquired as he stood in front of my desk while waving his hand right in front of my face.

"What were you thinking about, huh?" He questioned while smirking at me.

" Nothing important" I lied, making him scoff loudly.

"What happened? You seem to stress out these days?" He inquired, making me sigh out loud.

How do I tell him that I can't even sleep these days without seeing Evangeline's innocent smile as my mother appears out of nowhere questioning me whether I really want to ruin that innocent soul just because of this sick revenge.

How do I tell him I'm scared that my demons that I have been trying to fight off, may finally defeat me.

"What happened?" He questioned again, looking at me concerned.

" I don't know. It's just I'm so confused. I don't know what to do anymore" I answered honestly.

" What do you mean?" He asked, looking confused but then suddenly realized what I was talking about.

"Listen Abram, we don't even know if she really knows what her father did. But as long as I know Alex, he won't let her tell her about what happened knowing very well that his only princess won't see him the same anymore." He explained, making me nod as I leaned back on the chair.

"Plus, how can you use or punish her for something that her sick of a family. Tell me, would you be at peace knowing you just dragged someone innocent into this mess? Are you so blinded with this revenge that you can't even see the right and wrong?" He exclaimed, making me completely speechless as he was right after all but yet, deep down inside of me, the fire was still ignited and it won't burn off until, I don't get to wipe of Rossi's entire bloodline.

"It's not her fault that she's born in the wrong family. I can tell that she's far different from her family. She's really innocent, Abram. Leave her out of this. There is another way you can take your revenge." He added, while my conversation with her came into my mind.

" I asked about her family today and she said that she doesn't have any siblings." I stated, making Sebestian raise his eyebrows.

"I can't really tell if she's lying or not but how can she not know about him?" I questioned Sebestian while he just shrugged his shoulders looking confused as I am.

"Well, maybe they didn't tell her about him." He answered, making me nod my head but there were still a lot of things on my mind that for the first time I didn't have any words to put into.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Sebestian questioned, making me just at him.

" I don't know man. Let's see." I muttered as I rubbed my forehead with my eyes closed.

" You look really bothered by her" he stated, with a hint of mischief in his voice, making me scoff out loud.

"Yeah, I'm bothered because I can't look at her without thinking of her family.", I replied flatly, making the smile on his face fade away.

" Whatever it is, Abram but think clearly what would be the consequences of your actions and would you be able to live peacefully knowing you just ruined someone? You can stop this and move forward, Abram" he spoke out, making my head drop down as left the room, leaving me all alone once again.

" I'm trying, Sebastian. I swear, I am" I whispered faintly.

________

What do you guys think of Abram? Is it fair that he's planning on using Evangeline? Lemme know! ;)