Chapter 45

Evangeline's P.O.V

I didn't know for how long we were walking through the dark night but all I can remember was my lungs burning as feet ached to be put to rest and sweat drip down to my face but we didn't stop until we found a taxi.

I didn't know where we were going as I left everything for Rico. I had no plans at all as my brain was too foggy and not cooperating at all, plus being hungry wasn't helping at all.

The taxi took us to the airport, where Rico left me in the waiting area to fix our tickets and stuff while I sat with my head on my knees as I tried my best to not make tears fall as the looks I was starting to get was getting uncomfortable.

I tried my best to ignore the people staring at me weirdly by keeping my head down when someone poking me made me look up.

"Here" a small boy stated as he hands me a tissue, smiling at me showing me his cute smile.

Taking the tissue from him, I hugged him as I ruffled his hair, making him giggle as I smiled at him.

It's funny how kids can be more kind than adults.

As he walked away from me,the cloud of sadness and sorrow once again returned but there were no tears left. I felt numb, empty, and betrayed.

"Come on, it's time to board our flight" Rico stated as he took my suitcase in one of his hands as he held his other hand for me to take which I did.

Heat, humidity and fresh air greeted us the moment we stepped out of the airport, and after hours of being stuck inside of a plane, I was relieved to be out.

I had no idea why Rico decided to take me here in Brazil but seeing everyone with a huge smile as the sun bathed their skin with the soft breeze making their hair dance, I could imagine myself having a good time here. I mean we're in Rio.

As we took a taxi to take us who knows where except Rico, I watched through the window, smiling to myself.

"You'll love it here" Rico stated as he smiled at me, making me just nod my head as I was not in any mood to talk at all.

Who knew that I end up here in Brazil with my bodyguard just because the man whom I thought loved me to the moon and back and who promised me the world was just spitting lies since the day one and my father whom I thought was my hero and my savior blames me for losing his company and got too aggressive and abusive with his only princess, whom he did nothing but to protect from the world but it's sad that I didn't know that he would be the one in the end who'll hurt me.

After half an hour of drive, the car came into a halt as Rico stepped out first and opened the door for me like he usually does.

Stepping out I was soon hit by warm weather but I welcomed it anyways.

In front of us was a small but cozy house that is situated in a good neighborhood.

"Ready?" Rico questioned, making me smile as I followed him further where he inserted the keys and opened it wide for me to get in.

I was excited but at the same time, I was feeling something, there are no exact words to put it out but it's there, preventing me from moving further but I know it's just a chapter not my whole story.

I just have to be patient and let my broken heart to heal and to accept the reality that he won't come for me because he already got what he wanted but deep down in me, I'm not ready to accept it as pathetic it may sound, I fail to accept and to believe that the love that I saw in his eyes every time he looks at me is just a facade but how long would it take for me to accept the harsh truth? How long till I accept that he wasn't my charming prince? 

Another update after so many days. Hope you guys enjoyed it and do let me know your thoughts.

Enjoy!!!