Chapter 50

Evangeline's P.O.V

"Don't say anything" Adrian warned me as he gripped his gun tight on his hand with a rigid expression on his face as he tiptoed towards the front door, while I stayed behind rooted to the ground not knowing what to do since my brain was literally shutting down from all the things that are happening.

"Who the f*ck are you and what the hell are you doing in my house" a voice that sounded familiar boomed making me run towards the front door where Adrian pointing his gun towards Rico greeted my eyes which made me so close from having a panic attack.

"Adrian, no put it down!" I exclaimed as I tried to lower his hand down, which only made him look down at me confused.

"He's Rico, my friend and Rico this is Adrian, my older brother" I stated while they continued to glare at one another until I cleared my throat making them shake hands.

"Can we go back inside if you guys are done glaring at one another?" I ask which made Adrian to follow me while Rico stayed behind still confused.

Sitting back at the drawing-room, Adrian tucked his gun away which made me sigh in relief. Damn, he's aggressive.

" Tell me the truth, Evangeline. What are you doing here in Brazil?" He inquired while he faced me, staring at me right into my eyes.

"I run away" I blurted out, making him stare at me as if I had grown two heads.

"Why would you run away and what happened to your cheeks? Who hit you? Did this guy hit you?" He inquired, making me shake my head no, as tears once again filled up my eyes as I recall how my father raised his hands on me, blaming me for the collapsing of his company, how I was made a fool by Abram, how I was made a joke.

"Well, it's a long story Adrian" I replied, thinking that he would let it go but from the look that he gave me it was clear that he won't go anywhere without knowing what happened.

"Tell me, Evangeline what happened and tell me who f*ck dared to hit you" he exclaimed while I smiled at how he was reacting.

"Dad hit me" I mumbled, making him gasp and open his mouth to say something but I quickly cut him off.

"Hear me out first, Adrian" I added which made him calmed down a little bit.

"So, it started with Abram. Dad told me to stay away from him but I was too stubborn, I didn't listen to him just because I thought that Abram was different, that he was the one. I was happy whenever I'm with him. With him, I could be myself. But, I was wrong, it turned out he just wanted to bring down dad's company. He just wanted to extract his revenge. He used me to get the papers signed by dad that made him the owner of 50% shares of the company that now is bankrupt thanks to him and of course dad blames me for it, and I think he's right. It's all my fault. I fell for his lies and promises. He said that he loves me but he was just using me just like you used his sister" I mumbled, wiping my tears away while he pulled me in for a hug, constantly apologizing again and again.

"I do...don't know what else to do. I-I was so angry at myself for trusting him, angry for not listening to dad when he told me to s..stay away from him. I-I felt ashamed for even thinking that he would ever fall for a plain-jane like me" I whimpered as sobs escaped from my mouth. I was letting all my emotions out, those emotions that I have been trying to keep buried down since yesterday.

"It's alright. It's not your fault. You didn't know so stop blaming yourself and don't even think you're any less. You're so beautiful and he's the one that doesn't deserve you. The one who doesn't deserve your gold heart" Adrian stated as he keeps his arms around me calming me down and trying to get my tears to stop.

So glad that I found my brother whom I can finally share my grief and sorrow.

"How did you know I was here though?" I inquired, while he just smirked down at me.

" Mom told me that you ran away and the rest I figured out by myself" he responded making me laugh at him and that's when I realized, I may have lost a lover but I sure did gain a brother who'll always protect and love me all the time.

----

Another update for you guys!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm extremely sorry for taking so long to update. I'll try to make it up for you beautiful people ♥️♥️🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Enjoy!!!