Chapter 41

Abram's P.O.V

As we finished setting up the blankets and pillows, I dialed Evangeline's number to ask where she is and she said that she's on the way, making me giddy and nervous at the same time.

"Yo, calm down. You kill and torture people without even blinking and now you're freaking out just because of date. Chill, man" Sebestian stated as he laughed watching me wring my hands in an attempt to calm my raging nerves as I blow a cloud of smoke from the cigarette placed between my fingers.

"I know but it's Evangeline that we're talking about here" I responded as he looked at me with his eyebrow raised in confusion.

" So?" He asked while I sat down on the blanket.

"I want to be the best I can be for her. I want her to see the real me, not the usual Abram" I added as he nodded in agreement.

" You love her?" He asked all of a sudden, making me stare at him as I questioned myself. Do I love her?

"I don't know" I mumbled in response.

"You do but you just don't want to admit it. You're just scared thinking what's going to happen when she finds out what you do for a living when she finds out that you planned on ruining her father. You're scared that she might leave you just like them" he explained, making me stare down at my fingers not meeting his eyes because every single word that he said was true.

It's true that I'm scared, that she might leave me. I'm scared that once she leaves me, I would go back to that same dark place that I'm starting to overcome. It's true that I already fell for her deeper than I know.

"Stop thinking about what could or what would happen when she finds out, just live in the moment, Abram, cause trust me, you never realize when they turn into just memories. Don't make the same mistake I did, brother" he added as he stares at the other kids playing and running around.

"I promise, I won't" I answered, hugging his side which he quickly pushed me away with a disgusted look on his face.

"Ok, man no need to be touchy touchy" he joked, making me laugh as I hugged him again making him laugh with me.

"Okay, off you go now. She's probably here" I stated, making him stand up.

" Yes sir" he responded as he left me waiting for my princess.

Watching the sunset together sitting side by side, I couldn't help but stare at the side of her face while she stared at the sun that was setting.

Taking her hands into mine, I pulled her close to me as I couldn't get enough of her. She's like a drug that keeps me wanting more.

"I should go back home now. It's getting late" she mumbled, making me sigh as I wasn't ready to let her go despite being together for hours.

"Okay" I replied as I got into my feet, extending my hand for her to take.

As we walked through the direction of her house, there was something bugging me as if someone's watching over us.

Pulling her closer to me, I was silently preparing myself if someone suddenly attacks.

"What happened?" She questioned as she looked up to me, which I just shook my head no, assuring her that I'm good.

When we're just a few meters away from their gates, I stopped letting her go when she suddenly halted at her tracks and came back to me, pulling me into one of her warm hugs.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" I stated that she nodded her head eagerly as I kissed her lips, making her cheeks flushed while I smiled at her.

Watching her get inside, I strode back towards the park where my car was parked, with a huge smile on my face.

Who knew out of all girls out there and she has to be the one that caught my eyes. The daughter of a man who's hell-bent on getting my throne, my mafia. She has to be the one, I had to fall in love, the one that keeps me sane these days.

Another update for you guys. I hope you like this chapter.

Most random question ever, but what's your favorite subject? Lemme know.

Mine is economics 😀