Chapter 49

Evangeline's P.O.V

"You know Abram?" Adrian asked as my heart started beating fast against my chest.

Just a mere mention of his name, I'm already having difficulty breathing normally.

"Yeah" I mumbled, making a smile appear on his face as if he reminisced the past.

"We used to be so close with one another. There were five of us. God, we were inseparable" he stated with a smile on his face while I listened closely to every word that came out from his mouth.

"What do you mean by 'you were'? What happened?" I inquired, which made the smile on his face turn into a scowl as he kept his gaze down not meeting mine which made me even more curious.

"I betrayed them." He muttered with his voice thick with emotions and I wasn't really good at reading emotions but the guilt was evident on his face.

"Why, what did you do?" I mumbled as I stood up from the opposite chair to sit beside him as the urge of comforting him grew.

Damn, myself for not being able to see others upset and dejected. Damn, me for being too soft. Damn me.

But he's my brother and no matter how much they lied to me, I still can't bring myself to hate or to not care.

Taking his hand, I rubbed circles on his palm. "It's alright if you don't wanna talk about it" I stated, making him lift his head up and smiled at me.

" Mom's right. You're too soft. You don't even know if I'm really your brother or not and here you are comforting me" he spoke as he laughed at me while I just smiled.

" I know you're my brother. We have the same eyes and I can feel it in me that we are related if that makes any sense" I stated which made him nod his head as he smiled widely.

" Okay, so where was I? Yeah, umm, I betrayed them. Dad got blinded with power, he wanted to have more, and I of course was blinded at doing everything he said because I wanted him to see me worthy, to actually accept as his son not just someone who manages the shipments. I wanted him to love me just like he does to you, so I decided to sacrifice my brothers, who did nothing but fill up the emptiness inside me with their love and support. I let them down without even thinking twice." he mumbled as he played with his fingers while I was confused as ever and my brain but there was one thing I was sure of: the shipments he was talking about were illegal things since that's what mafia does, I guess.

" What did you do?" I asked which made him sucked in a breath.

"Abram has a sister. Her name was Amanda and she's the same age as you. She was madly in love with me but all I did was use her so that I could get all information about their shipments and deals without anyone being suspicious and I would tell it to dad and he was so ecstatic. He was so proud of me and for the first time, I got to feel his affection" he explained while I was so disgusted with my own father.

How can someone be so cruel?

"But somehow, the Valentinos got to know that it was us that had been stealing all their deals, shipments and turning the other gangs against them by manipulating them. They were so furious, especially Abram's dad because dad was his best friend and they were so close with one another. He wanted to kill dad but dad got other plans. He told me to kidnap Amanda which I did because Amanda was their weakness, dad knew that taking Amanda down would also bring the rest of Valentinos down. And again I didn't even think twice before doing it. I was so stupid" he mumbled as he bowed his head down, while covering his face with his hands as I sat beside him, rubbing his back.

"I was there watching when dad let our men raped her one by one. I was there standing silently as she screamed my name, pleading for me to save her. I was there when Dad killed her. I was there watching when dad killed their parents cutting their bodies into pieces" he whispered as he broke down completely also making the tears fall down into my cheeks.

"Where was Abram that time?" I ask as I sniff, wiping the tears away from my face.

"He was somewhere around the world, far away from us. He could have easily came and attack us but the boys decided against it since if anything happens to him, there would be no one to continue the Valentino legacy so dad would just send him videos of his sister and parents getting tortured. He was so helpless. His entire world was crashing down at his feet but he couldn't do nothing but sit and just watch" he answered, while my heart clenched in pain just by thinking what my Abram went through.

It must be so hard for him but it still doesn't mean that he could use me to get back for something that wasn't even my fault.

"And since then, I have been hiding from him. After taking the lead, he got stronger, more powerful than ever and that's when he bowed to kill me for stabbing them on their back but thankfully I have been doing good at hiding except for when I decided to move on from the past and found a new love, my fiance, and long story, short, he decided to kill her. And gain, I couldn't protect her. I was too late" he added, making me gasp.

What the hell? How do they get away with killing people so easily though?

"How did you know, Abram though?" He questioned as he whipped his head to my direction while I contemplated whether to tell him the truth or not when the front door suddenly opened with a bang, making both of us jump into our seats, while he grabbed something inside his jacket which made my eyes grow wide the moment my eyes landed on it.

Hell no. Is that a gun? 

---

Who do you think it is?? Lemme know😉😉

Enjoy!!!