Chapter 59

Evangeline's P.O.V

Tears continued to fall down into my cheeks as my entire body shook. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, but there was something preventing me.

It feels like I'm paralyzed, but the thoughts coming from my brain aren't.

I can feel someone shaking me, begging me to wake up from my deep sleep and as much as I want to open my eyes, I couldn't.

It feels like something is holding me back. Something strong that I can't even move a finger.

"Evangeline, wake the f*ck up!" A voice boomed, and that's when my eyes shot open, finally.

Heavy breaths left my open mouth, as sweat dripped at the side of my face from my forehead down to my neck.

My hands shook whilst my head felt lightweight. I couldn't feel my entire body except for the tight grip on my shoulders holding me up.

"Are you f*cking all right?" Adrian exclaimed as he shook me slightly to get my attention but I was still in a daze.

What just happened?

"Evangeline, are you even listening?" Adrian exclaimed once again, as he held my face, making me face him.

" I...wh..what h.. happened?" I trembled as I held his shirt with my shaking hands, with my eyes getting blurry with my tears.

What is going on? Why am I even crying? Why do I feel sad and scared? Was I even dreaming? If it was then why was it so strange and why did it feel so hard to wake up to reality?

"Hey, look at me please" Adrian whispered, wiping my tears away as he caressed my wet cheeks softly.

" What happened?" I mumbled softly, still couldn't comprehend what just happened.

"You were having a nightmare, I guess. You were thrashing around and screaming. I tried waking you up, but you weren't waking up" he explained, looking very concerned and that's when I noticed how his hands were slightly trembling and how he was sweating too, just like mine.

Nightmare?

"I'm s..sorry" I whispered as I glanced down on my knotted fingers, feeling guilty for stressing him out with my stupid problems that I can't even control.

"You are really scared me. I-I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what was happening" he stammered with his eyes glistening and voice thick as if he was about to cry which made me even more upset.

Not able to control it anymore, I started to sob like a child; I cried to let out all the heavy feeling in my chest, I cried to ease the pain, the fear of Rico, I cried until my throat became sore and my sobs turned into whimpers.

I don't exactly know how long I was bawling my eyes out but all I know is Adrian holding me patiently as he waits for me to calm down.

"I-I'm so sorry Adrian" I apologize once again for acting so childish while he shook his head disagreeing with me.

"Don't apologize, baby sister. It's alright. It's normal to have nightmares. I know you're scared but I'm here so don't worry" he assured as he wiped away my tears once again, smiling down to me kindly and softly.

"I will always be here for you. To protect you from any harm or from any nightmare. I want to help you move on from whatever that happened. From whatever Abram did, and from how everyone of us lied to you. I want you to be how mom described to me whenever we meet. I want to help you to forget everything but I can't really do that if you're not willing to open up to me" he mumbled as he tucked my hair behind my ears while I continued to avoid his gaze.

How do I tell him that I'm so weak and pathetic that I can't even stop thinking about this guy that just used me, that I can't still accept the harsh truth? How do I tell him that the guy whom I thought I could trust with my life is trying to take advantage of me?

"Please, Evangeline. You know that you can trust me, right?" He added, making me nod my head frantically.

He's the only one I can trust here, but is it wise to tell him everything?

"Please tell me why are you acting so strange? I know you're still not over Abram, and I know it wouldn't be easy to forget him, but you have to have faith. You'll get through this, " he muttered, making me tear up once again.

I just want the agony that I'm feeling to stop. I want to shut him out of my head, but it's really impossible when he's all that I can think about. He got me really good with his games and for that he left me forever scarred and broken.

"I really want to forget him, Adrian. I want him to stop appearing in my dreams. I want all of this to stop. I want to just run away once again, leaving these things behind. I'm just so tired and confused" I exclaimed as I palmed my face, feeling embarrassed of my own stupid emotions.

" It's okay to feel like this Eva, Just be patient" he whispered as he pulled me into a hug, consoling me patiently.

" What if he doesn't really love me? What if we were meant to meet but not to be? I-I know, I sound crazy but I don't know what to think or what to do. I just want to go back home, go back to mom and to dad" I exclaimed, feeling my heart drum hard against my rib cage just the thought of facing my father once again.

I wonder if he still thinks that I'm the reason for his bankruptcy. I wonder how he reacted when he found out that I ran away.

Would he forgive me?

"Look at me, Evangeline. I don't know what to say about Abram except for if he really loves you then I think you should wait for him to be out of prison and explain himself and his side of the story. You can't just assume things without him actually telling you whatever dad told you" he explained, making me look at his face and start to realize that he was telling the truth.

No, no, Evangeline. Stop assuming things again. You're just giving yourself false hopes once again.

"Only time can tell what's going to happen, but until then just be strong and patient," he added, making me nod my head in agreement.

As I sat back and leaned on the headboard of the bed, Adrian suddenly stood up making me frown.

"Where are you going? Please, just stay with me for sometime?" I pleaded, too petrified to be left alone by myself when Rico can come inside anytime.

"I'll be back. I'll get you some water and some snacks to eat, okay?" He stated, as he smiled at me softly.

" Okay, but please come quickly" I mumbled, making him chuckle as he left.

Closing my eyes, deep breaths left my mouth as I let my overwhelming thoughts consume me once again, but this time, I tried to push them away.

Everything would be alright. It's all just like a nightmare that would end soon. I chanted like a mantra but the door creaking opened made me turn my head into its direction, thinking it maybe be Adrian but I was so wrong.

Looks like this nightmare of mine wouldn't end soon as it already just started.

_____

Update for you guys!! Hope you enjoy this chapter.

I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from you guys about this story and it really makes me so happy and motivated to update more often.

Thank you so much for the love and support and also for the comments that are so sweet. I love reading them💕😘😘