Chapter 62

Evangeline's P.O.V

“Are you sure you don't want to go back home? I mean, I can take you back, you know” he suggested, making my eyes widened in surprise and in happiness.

“ Adrian, are you sure? I mean, how?” I inquired, feeling excitement bubbling inside me.

“Will you really do that for me?” I questioned, with tears blurring my vision.

Will he really take me back home?

“Without a doubt. If that's what you want then it is what you would get, baby sister” he mumbled as he wiped the tears that managed to fall down into my cheeks.

A smile broke down into my face as I launched myself into him, hugging him as if it's the last time I'll ever hold him.

“Oh my god! This is going to be the best gift ever! I can't wait to see mom and dad, Adrian” I exclaimed as I wiped my happy tears away and kiss his cheeks, making him laugh.

All my life, I always hated my lifestyle as I was always stuck inside the house. All my life, my parents tried to keep me away from the outside world, and now that I'm free and away from my cage, I crave to go back.

“Thank you so much, Adrian!” I exclaimed once again, feeling overwhelmed with joy but then a sudden wave of realization struck me, making the gigantic smile on my face turn down into a frown and fear.

“A. Adrian what about you?” I questioned as I spoke out what I dreaded and feared the most.

“What about me, sweet pie?” He inquired with the small on his face still intact.

“How will you come back home? Abram will kill you” I mumbled as I stare at his face slowly showing his vulnerability and guilt of what he did.

“I don't care if he kills me. I'm tired of running away, I want to go back home. Plus I have nothing to fear now” he explained as he took my shaking hands into his warm ones, trying his best to comfort me when I should be the one doing it as I got too blinded fighting my demons that I failed to realize that he also got demons to fight.

“What do you mean? I don't want to lose you, Adrian. You're my brother. You can't just be this careless. You can't come back home!” I exclaimed, with my breaths getting heavier.

When are these fears and problems going to end?

“I don't want to run anymore. I'm tired and how long do I have to keep running. I have to face him one day anyway. Plus, at least now, I can die in peace knowing that I already met you, knowing that you know that I exist. I no longer fear of dying, Evangeline. We all die at the end anyway” he explained, making me let out a sob out of desperation as I already know that there's no way I can talk him out of it.

“Nothing will happen to me, don't worry. I know Abram. I'll ask for his forgiveness even though I know my sorry won't rectify any of my mistakes" he added as he tried to console me, but I was far away from being consoled.

My brain already feels like exploding, my body feels numb and as for my emotions, I just want to be alone and lay on the bed and think of what should I really be feeling as I don't have any idea anymore what to do and how to feel.

I'm having mixed emotions about Abram, about Adrian's decision to go back and whether to talk about how Rico has been harassing me. I'm just so confused that all I want to do is run away from all my problems.

Maybe my father was right after all, maybe I'm not really ready for the outside world.

Maybe if I listened to him in the first place then I wouldn't be here all alone with my only trusted friend dying to get into my pants and a brother that's not even scared of losing his own life.

Everything is just so messed up.

“Look at me Evangeline” Adrian stated as he lifted my chin up so that he can see my face.

“I know exactly what you are thinking. I know exactly that you blame yourself for all of these, but trust me none of these is your fault. It was all meant to happen. We are in this position for a reason so don't you dare blame yourself because none of this is in your control. Do you get me?” He exclaimed as he gripped my shoulders gently, trying to let his words sink into me.

“I am taking you back home, whether you want it or not. It's been more than a week and I know you're already dying to get back home” he added as he smiled at me lovingly and softly.

“ Adrian, I can't just think about myself. It's not only what I want. It's about you too. It is not safe” I tried to reason out, but he held his hand up stopping me from saying anything further.

“I don't care about myself. I want you to be back home. Plus, how long do you really plan to stay with this asshole Rico? I don't know why but I'm getting off vibes from him, so we have to leave sooner” he explained, making my breathing to become harsh as Rico's name is mentioned.

I completely understand what you are trying to say, Adrian. I don't feel safe with anymore.

“I understand, Adrian” I simply mumbled, trying my best to control my mouth not to spill anything about what Rico has been doing to me.

Maybe, if I brush it off and try to ignore him, he won't do anything anymore. Plus it's just a matter of time, we will go back home and I don't have to endure his assault anymore, right?

“Let's finish this breakfast and after, I'll go and fix our papers. Then we can go home, baby sister” Adrian exclaimed out loud, making me chuckle with him, finally relieved and light as I thought maybe that this is the beginning of good things about to come.

____

Update for you guys!!!! I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter.  I have been receiving some positive feedback from you guys and it just really makes my day a lot better. Thank you so much 🙏🏼🙏🏼♥️♥️♥️