Chapter 24

Abram's P.O.V

Stopping by the usual coffee shop where I get my coffee every single day, I let out a sigh as I sat at the very corner away from the eyes of every woman that was shamelessly checking me out, making me more irritated than ever.

I have been stopping by this shop for longer than I can remember and since then I can't stop coming by and that's because of their calming ambiance and fewer chances of being spotted by anyone since this shop is not very well known.

Sipping my coffee, and minding my own business as usual, my eyes drifted on the entrance of the cafe, making me almost choke.

For f*ck sake! What on earth is she doing here?

Evangeline walking inside with small steps and nervous eyes made me stare at her shamelessly.

She wore a dress above her knee and her legs proudly on display. If not for the history I have with her family, I'll definitely, without any doubt won't think twice asking her out.

I watched her like a hawk, cautiously walk further inside and order her drink and from body language, I can say that she lacks confidence, she looks so naive and innocent, making me almost feel guilty for even thinking that she was faking it the first time I ever saw her.

Seeing her in such a vulnerable situation kind of saddened me but at I quickly pushed that thought away.

She's so unaware of the dark side of this world and now I know why her father tried to shield and conceal her from the public and that's because of her soft and innocent nature that can make anyone easily make her a victim or target.

Something that you're doing. A small voice at the back of my head started making me sigh out loud.

Not bearing to see her feeling so uncomfortable and out of place, I decided to stay with her until she got her order and also because the group guys sitting not far from her were checking her out like complete perverts and making comments about how she looks and it made me almost lose my cool.

Striding towards her, I grabbed her by her arm making her turn around and watched as her eyes widened and mouth opened.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned after greeting me, making me smile inwardly as I watched her cheeks heat up the moment she saw the coffee on my hand.

Leading her towards where I was seated before, we continued talking and as the day went she's getting comfortable around me, not much of an improvement as she still stutters and feels embarrassed but it's better than before that she won't even speak a single word and would only speak if she's spoken.

The more I spend time with her the more I get confused and how strange I find it how a bastard like Alex would have a daughter that's so different from him.

Life is really not fair at all.

After paying for her drink, we headed outside when someone bumped harshly into Evangeline making her stumble back slightly and a drink spilled onto her making her gasp softly as the cold drink kissed her skin. Thankfully, it wasn't a hot drink.

And before I could even react, the guy who bumped into her started screaming right into her face making her cower away as tears threatened to fall out of her eyes.

"Can't you f*cking see where you're going?" He boomed as he glared at her, making Evangeline bite her lips trying to not cry as her chin quivered.

This guy has the nerve to scream when he's the one who's not looking at where he's going.

"How f*cking dare you to shout at her when you're the one who's at fault?" I cut in as I stood in front of her protectively.

"The girl that you're talking about is my girl and if you got a problem with her, you better solve it with me" I hissed at him, ready to pounce at him and show whom he's messing with when the manager came in between apologizing on behalf of the f*cker in front of me, also making me realize how Evangeline's eyes reflected horror and surprise.

She's not used to dealing with violence and the fear on her eyes clearly showed it. Wait, did I just say 'my girl'? What the hell is wrong with me?

Getting her out of the shop, I can't help but gaze down at the upper part of her dress that's completely ruined and soaked making it clung into her skin, making her cleavage almost visible.

If one were to look closely, you can definitely see her skin.

For fucks sake, please look away, Abram. You're making yourself look like a creepy pervert.

I quickly suggested that she should go back home and change but she disagreed, saying she got to go to her work, taking me aback at her dedication to her job.

Without thinking twice, I pulled her into my arms, and despite my demons telling me to let go, I couldn't, just like moths attracted to flame, similarly I can't stay away from her charms even if I try to.

" I'll see you soon, babes" I stated as I placed a kiss on her cheek and watched her walk away from me towards the car that was parked not very far from where I'm standing but what surprised me was the same guy that was watching us the other day when I drove Evangeline home was at the driver's seat, once again watching us like a hawk with his eyes squinted, once again flaming up with jealousy.

Sending him a smirk, I retreated towards my car feeling his heated gaze at the back of my head.

Don't even think you got a chance with her lover boy.

______

Ummm what do you guys think of Abram?