Chapter 9

Abram's P.O.V

Arriving at the orphanage, I fixed my tie as I climbed out of the car, with Sebestian following after me.

My chest overflowing with excitement to see the kids. It's actually so surprising that a guy with a cold heart like me would be so attached with kids.

I have been visiting this orphanage for longer than I can remember and kids around here held a special place in my heart so I always try my best to give them a better life despite knowing that my money won't even buy the happiness they really deserve but unfortunately there's nothing that I can do. It's heartbreaking that they won't even experience the happiness of having a family. A mother that will love you endlessly and a father that will protect you from any danger even if it means sacrificing his own life .

"You alright, man?" Sebestian inquired, watching me which I just nodded my head at him proceeding towards the entrance.

As I neared, soft giggles can already be heard and when Anna spotted us she wasted no time approaching us.

"Mr. Valentino, thank you so much for visiting us today. Did you face any trouble?" She questioned as she tried her best ignoring Sebestian shamelessly checking her out.

"It's not a big deal, you know I don't mind helping the kids as much as I have in my power" I answered as I slyly nudge Sebestian to behave himself as I can already tell that Anna was starting to feel uncomfortable.

He always does this whenever we come to visit but he never talks to her but only watches her from afar as he couldn't muster any courage no matter how much I and the boys encourage him to make a move.

"Would you first like to look around and see the improvements, Mr. Valentino?" Anna asked fiddling with her hands, while I remembered how the kids told me the last time I visited them how they want a small playground at the backyard to play so I gave Anna the money to do the necessary changes but I never got a chance to see it sooner as I went to Spain for business meetings.

"Sure" I replied curtly, following her towards the door and the giggles of the kids were becoming more evident, making me smile slightly but I quickly covered it up and put a hard face on.

As we proceeded inside the main room, the kids jumping around greeted our eyesight. All of them were laughing and messing around that they didn't even notice our presence but what shocked me was Rossi's daughter standing there trying to tame the kids down.

Her voice is small and timid as she tried to make them stop shouting but I don't think that the kids even can hear her.

She's wearing a red floral sundress that really made her pale skin look more paler and her black hair was pinned up. Her face didn't have any makeup and she looked stunning and for a minute I was mesmerised by her beauty but then I remembered who she is, making me look away from her instantly.

"Kids settle down" Anna ordered, making them quiet down immediately. "Won't you guys greet our guests?" she added, while they screeched with happiness upon seeing us.

They came running towards our direction, making me almost drop on my knees to give them a hug. They're just too adorable and too much for me to handle.

"Hello, little angels" I greeted them as they started to pull me along with them to the backyard while I followed them hopelessly.

They kept on telling me to play with them when Anna came along with that girl coming behind us.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Valentino. They're just really excited since it's been so long since the last time you visited" Anna explained as Eva still looked so taken back upon seeing me. Yes, it's been so long that new worker has joined here. She wasn't probably expecting me.

"Eva, will you please take the kids inside so that I can show Mr. Valentino, those recent changes?" Anna suggested as Eva nodded her head innocently agreeing, while telling the kids to follow her back inside.

"Shall we?" Anna asked but I was no longer in a mood as my mind was already swirling with Rossi's daughter  and her captivating beauty and innocence.