Chapter 51

Rico's P.O.V

It's been a week since we left for Brazil and it's been nothing but amazing for me.

Every second, every minute that I spend with Evangeline is surely priceless and I would never trade it for anything else.

She's doing a lot better than the first night as Adrian has been spending a lot of time with her but when the night comes, her sound of crying starts and as much as she tries faking her smile, assuring me and Adrian that she's moving on, I could still vividly see it in her eyes that her feelings for that b*tch are still there.

She still loves and craves for him despite all the lies I told her about him, despite me endlessly trying to make her against him even more, but not anymore as I'll make sure to change that.

Since the first day, I did nothing but tried to create barriers for them. I did everything I could, from having to spy on them and taking pictures secretly to show it to Alex that his princess was not listening to him and from brainwashing Evangeline against him, but somehow the spell that he cast on Evangeline was strong, but I won't give up.

With so much difficulty, I finally got her for myself and I had to risk my own life by breaking into the warehouse of Valentino just so that I could get him behind bars.

From what charges the police are going to charge him, it will take at least months or years for him to be free again and by that time, I would be successful in making Evangeline mine as I have been working on for years and if it wasn't for him coming into the picture, I and Eva would have been so happy together.

I would marry her and get all her money and wealth that is under her name and she won't even know about it. She's really innocent and trusts people so easily. She even willingly and stupidly came here to Brazil with me without even thinking twice. She's really easy to persuade which means, finally, that Valentino would be out of the frame, which also means my better days are coming as this time, I won't delay my moves anymore. Plus, I won't hold back from tasting that beautiful body of hers.

Flipping the pancake, I placed it on the plate, taking it to Eva's room. She's not been eating at all these last few days and she surely looks thinner than usual and her skin looks even paler than ever.

Her brother Adrian and I are not on good terms at all. That guy has problems with me, for no reason when I have been nothing but good with him, and if it wasn't for Evangeline's he would have already shot me right into my head. He's always suspicious of my intentions and he doesn't hold back telling me that every second.

Knocking on the door softly, I waited for her soft voice to let me in which she did after a few seconds.

Pulling the door opened, my eyes landed on her at the bed sitting with a hoodie on despite the hot weather.

Sending me a smile at her, my heart was already on cloud 9. Since day one of working with the Rossi, something about her always managed to attract my eyes even though she wasn't even trying. She's innocent and as pure as ever.

Sitting at the corner of the bed, I placed the tray in front her, making her smile as she whispered a small thank you with her voice that was once sweet and melodious now hoarse from her crying all night long and her grey eyes that used to be so bright and full of life now dull and puffy from shedding tears and has bags around them.

"How about you? Did you already eat?" She questioned with her voice small as she played with the plate of pancakes with no intention of eating them.

"Yes, I did" I responded, making her nod her head while I just stared at her pink plump lips.

I'm planning on letting her know what I feel but I know this is not the perfect time but I don't think I would be able to hide it from her any longer.

Watching her play with her food, I prayed silently to God for courage while my heart and hands shook.

"Eva" I spoke out, making her hummed in response as she stared down at the plate still busy with her own thoughts.

"I've known you since forever and I know you're still moving on from Valentino but I really have to tell you this. I can't imagine my life without you. I'm not really rushing, I want you to take your time. We'll take it slow and I promise, I won't betray or let you down just like he did. Just give me a chance, please. He was not even meant for you. He was just using you. He doesn't even love you." I stated, trying my best to let the sincerity in my voice to let her know that I'm really serious whilst she just stares at me with her eyes glistening with tears.

I know, making her fall to my trap won't be hard at all as this girl is really too soft and dumb.

-----

Did you guys expected it from Rico?? Lemme know✌🏻✌🏻

Enjoy!!