Chapter 20

Abram's P.O.V

Lifting the cigarette up to ny lips, I inhaled deeply, letting the smoke fill my lungs, making me feel somehow better even though I perfectly know I'm damaging my lungs.

I blow the smoke away as I sat back, completely alone with my own thoughts. It's becoming awfully hard to be with my own thoughts lately for some odd reasons.

As I continued to smoke, my phone kept on ringing on the background but I paid no heed, as I stare blankly on the wall.

The door busted open, making me almost jump in surprise. It was Nicholas, with a scowl on his face.

"Are you gonna pick that up, Abram? It's getting annoying. I can literally hear it from the outside, man" he exclaimed, with an irritated expression on his face as he stepped forward, picking up my phone to see who's calling me when he gasped loudly all of a sudden, making ny heart beat faster with curiosity.

"Bro, what the fuck?" I remarked, sitting up straight.

"It's Rossi" he answered, as he reluctantly stretched his hand out to pass me the phone while confusion filled my body.

"Answer it" he pushed while I couldn't help but rub my forehead in frustration as well as in anger.

And just when I thought I had enough of this Rossi drama. I was wrong.

Sighing, I placed the phone into my ear, embracing myself for all the possibility of why he would be calling me all of sudden, after ages.

"Valentino" He greeted with his voice dangerously low as if he was either trying to put up the act of a strong man or he just don't want anyone to hear him.

" Drop the formalities, Alex. Call me, Abram. After all, we've been through I think you can consider me as your own." I taunted, making him sigh.

This guy sure got something big going inside his head as there's no way in hell that he would call me for no reason.

" I didn't call you to talk about the shit I did to you in the past. I'm calling you because of Evangeline" he stated, grabbing my attention, making me look at Nicholas to see him already looking at me with wide eyes, trying his best to listen.

I think I know already where this conversation is heading to.

" Keep my daughter away from this Abram. She knows nothing. She's innocent. " He exclaimed with fear evident in his voice.

That's the point, Alex. She's innocent which means it will be easier to use her against you.

"Please, Abram. Don't drag her into this" he begged and without even waiting for my response, he hung up not even giving me any chance to say anything.

Rude.

"That's it?" Nicholas exclaimed, making me sigh.

"What did he say" he added, as he sat in front of me.

"How funny he's begging me not to drag his daughter into this mess when years ago I was begging him to leave my sister alone," I muttered, making him let out a big breath.

That topic is still sensitive and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that's still grieving.

"I'm tired. See you tomorrow and email me all the shipping that has been made today. Also prepare the documents and you already know what to conclude, right? And also, inform the guys." I stated, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

Striding inside my room, I stripped down all my clothing as I stepped inside the hot shower, in despair of relaxing my tensed muscles.

After showering and getting dressed I laid down on the bed with my phone clutched in my hand as I debate with myself whether to dial the number of the woman who's been on my mind since.

Just as I was about to press the call button, she already beat me into it, making me sit straight up with my eyes open as I thought of any reason why would she call me.

"Hello Abram?" She greeted, making me stunned for a second.

First your father and now you. What games are this family actually playing?

"Yes, princess?" I greeted back trying my best to push down the sarcasm.

"Did I disturbed you?" She questioned with her voice as timid and sounded hoarse as if she's been crying for hours. But why, though? Definitely not that I care. It's just curiosity.

" No, I was just laying," I answered, wanting to smack myself as I realized how stupid I sounded.

"Ohh, I can't sleep so I thought of calling you" She whispered, making my eyebrows rise. No one said that to me ever before.

"Oh, I-"  I replied but stopped when I heard Alex's voice from the other line asking Evangeline whom she's talking to.

I heard her gasp just before she ended the call without saying goodbye.

Well, that was weird. Why did she sound so scared and why do I think that she's been crying? I'm sure Alex did something.

But whatever it is, I won't let him come in between not when I'm determined and nothing can come in between when Abram Valentino has set his mind into it.

Torn between wanting to use her just to get back to her father and wanting to end all these chaos. Which one should I go for?

__________

Lemme know what y'all think of this chapter :)