I Trust You (not?): Part 2

Lena was sitting on the couch of L-Corp, looking for the clues that she didn't do it. But every search of her was meeting dead-end.

"I am certainly missing something."

She talked to herself and in a few seconds, she knew what it was.

"The transmatter portal watch."

She had the answers. She immediately went to the DEO.

"Alex, what did you find in the fortress after the incident?"

"Nothing out of ordinary. Except this."

Ales showed her the watch.

"This is it. This watch made the fortress defences go against Kara. I didn't try to kill her."

"You did that?"

Alex was looking at her with anger in her eyes.

"Tell me the truth or you don't go out of this building."

Lena couldn't say anything other than nodding her head.

"What? Why the fuck would you do something like that? Do you realize what could've happened? I know she didn't tell you and stuff. But she's your best friend. You don't kill your friends or is that how you guys treat your friends?"

"You guys?"

"Luthors."

Alex spat and tears welled up in Lena's eyes. If Alex thinks. that she is bad, then she must be. She felt the need to leave that place immediately.

"I need to go. Just tell Kara that transmatter portal watch fell and it detected her as a Luthor. I never wanted to kill anyone or I don't intend to. I'll leave now."

She rambled and stormed out of the building. Alex was trying to process everything that she said.

"What was all that? Brainy!"

"The Fortress defences are designed to kill the person possessing anything related to Lex Luthor. Lena had the transmatter portal watch which fell in the ice block while Kara was stuck in there and that was the reason why fortress defences turned against Supergirl."

"So, Lena didn't mess with fortress's defence?"

"I afraid not Director Danvers."

"We need to tell Supergirl."

Alex said and proceeded towards the room where a certain blonde was sleeping under the sun lamps.

"Kara, I need to talk to you."

The director then explained everything that Brainy told her and she also told her everything that happened.

"Alex..."

Kara whined like a little baby when Alex told her what she called Lena.

"But she still tried to trap you."

"You know she's hurt. People do stupid things when they are hurt. I need to talk to her."

"Well, you are pretty much okay now. But you are solar flared, so don't stress yourself much."

Kara beamed and nodded with excitement.

"Bye Al, love you."

"Take care."

Kara went directly to Lena's apartment.

"Lee! You there?"

The door lock turned in a moment and Lena was standing there with a look that Kara knew too well. She was hurting again. She would never admit but Kara was no fool.

She was wearing Kara's oversized NCU hoodie sweatshirt that she stole from her during one of their sleepovers. Without the heels, the shorter woman was looking way too vulnerable.

"Lee, I'm sorry for what Alex said. She didn't mean that. She was just..."

"I get it. I'm not mad at her."

The monotonous answer. Kara tried to touch her hand but she flinched away, almost as if she was scared.

"Lee, are you really okay?"

"I'm fine Kara. I told you I'm good."

Kara invited herself inside and plopped down on the sofa.

"I don't think it's a really good time Kara."

"Come on Lee, you know I'm not well and I am really tired. Can I just sit for a few minutes."

Kara looked at her with those puppy dog eyes. Lena hated that she had so much control over her.

"Okay."

After that, the CEO went inside her bedroom and after a while, Kara followed her.

"You're packing. Where are you going, Lee?"

"Metropolis."

"Work emergency?"

"Something like that."

"When will you come back?"

"If you're lucky enough, never."

"You're going forever?"

"I guess."

"Would you please look at me and talk."

Lena looked at Kara. Her eyes were glassy. This time the Super adamantly held her hands.

"Why are you running Lena?"

"I'm not running, I am just trying to save everyone. If I am here I'll just end up killing you."

"You could never..."

"Yes! Yes, I could! And you know that pretty well Kara. Just let me leave and I promise I'll never come back again. Believe me, you don't want me here anymore."

"But I still need you."

Kara said and pulled the smaller woman in an embrace.

Kara gently pressed her lips on the top of the Luthor's hairs and pulled her as close as humanly (or alienly if that's even a word) possible.

"But I'm just a Luthor."

"You're the one Luthor that could make me believe in everything good in this world."

Lena looked up from Kara's embrace towards her eyes which held the same sincerity as always.

"Really?"

Just a simple word. But it was seeking assurance of a lifetime.

"I promise."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I know I'm a jerk guys, but now I'm back and I've finally finished this part. Also, guys hope everyone is safe and sound in their houses. I love you guys. I might write something more.

Till then, Take care of yourself. Be you. Cause you matter. Always.