Jealousy is a Great Colour on You

"I hate her."

Lena was looking at the images running on the screen when she mumbled.

Kara was in the kitchen, sorting through the takeout when she heard her.

"That's a strong word. What are you watching?"

Turns out Lena was watching the news where they were showing a video of Supergirl saving Andrea and her kissing Supergirl on her cheek very close to the lips was playing on loop.

"Do the queers in National City have a new relationship to root for? Ms Andrea Rojas was seen getting pretty cosy with National City's favourite Superhero. Is it platonic or start something bigger?"

"You hate Andrea?"

Lena didn't know that she said it out loud.

"Huh?"

"Why do you hate Andrea?"

"Who said that?"

"You did. Just a minute ago."

Lena was not going to admit that she did say that out loud.

"Must be something else."

"So are we watching the news for the whole time or something else?"

But that news completely distracted the brunette. She could see that Supergirl's face was flushed when Andrea leaned closer and that was enough to distract her from everything Kara was saying.

"Lee!"

A sharp voice pulled her out of thoughts.

"What happened?"

"What are we going to watch?"

But she was not in the mood anymore. She was in love with Kara from past 3 years. Every instant she got she tried to prove that. But apparently, her efforts weren't enough. She couldn't bear the thought that Andrea kissed her…

Her Kara. She needed to leave. Right now. She pulled her phone and messaged Jess. In 10 seconds her phone was ringing.

"What happened now?"

"Oh, that seems serious."

"Are you again using me to get out of a date?"

"Yeah, I'll be there soon. Bye Jess."

She cut the call and looked at Kara apologetically. 

"Sorry, but there is an emergency at L-Corp. I have to leave."

She said and picked up her purse from the table.

"Should I give you a lift?"

"No, it's fine. I'll go by myself."

She said and nearly ran out of the apartment. There was no way she was going home now. So, she decided to actually go to L-Corp.

She stepped in her lab and sat down on one of the chairs. Today was really hectic. There was a major problem in the prototype of the project that was set to launch in next month, her investors we're trying to pressure her into developing arms again and then the news with Andrea was the final straw. 

She started working on the prototype and at around 4 in the morning found the solution for the problem.

"At least I work better when I'm angry."

Everyone except Kara knew that Lena was in love with her. Since day one she was living over the younger Danvers. She looked at the photo of both of them she had on her desk. Kara had a big smile on her face that seemed to be mocking Lena.