Book 1;5

Li Na

I remember how excited I was to hang out with Mr. Sato again. After our first time meeting, I was invited back a few times- many times, actually. I was there every single day. Mr. Sato saw something in me, and he said he would love it if he could mentor me. I was infatuated by him, I knew how his mind worked, and he was grooming me into the inventor I always wanted to be. Being mentored by him was a dream come true.

The day of the semi finals, I hung out at the factory all day. I needed a break from everyone since I could obviously sense the mess brewing between my brothers and Korra, and I was afraid poor Asami and Bolin were going to be heartbroken in the end. It was a lot for a little girl. Not only was my city falling apart, so was my family.

...

Li Na

I want to stay here at the factory, I love it here, but I can't. I am so annoyed with everything, but I have to be there for my brothers and Korra when they win tonight. And when they do, the next game will be the one that determines everything.

I'm so grateful for Asami. If it weren't for her getting her dad to sponsor my brothers, we'd all be really bummed about it. I'm not old enough to work, but if only I could've found something to do to earn some extra cash, I could've helped them out. They've spent their entire lives raising me, and that would've been the perfect way of showing them of how grateful I am, and maybe we could've avoided Bolin being captured and his bending almost taken away. He doesn't talk about it much, but what happened to him was really scary. The creepy guy in the mask confuses me. Who is he? The only person I thought could take away someone else's bending was Avatar Aang. He did it to Firelord Ozai. It just doesn't make sense, and I don't think he's being honest with his followers.

Maybe Avatar Aang came back and he's evil!- no, that's ridiculous, Li Na.

I walk into the small restaurant Bolin usually takes me to to get some noodles. Hiroshi gave me some money, so I decided to grab something to eat before the 2nd match starts. I've always loved this place and their food. Sometimes when we can afford it, Bolin takes me here for some brother sister bonding. When Mako isn't out somewhere, he joins us, too, but it isn't often. I finish ordering my food and stand there at the counter waiting, that is, until I see a familiar face walk pass me.

"Hey, Tahno," I greet him with a wave.

Tahno and his teammates are my brothers biggest competition, but when he isn't bending, he isn't so bad- At least not to me. I wouldn't say we're friends, but maybe acquaintances. Don't tell my brothers, but I think it's funny how Tahno can get under their skin, but when Korra meets him... Well, I don't think it'll be too funny anymore, since I know Korra would probably kill him if he were to get too much on her nerves.

"Oh, hey Hazel Nut... Or whatever they call you," he says lowly.

"Good luck tonight... Even though my brothers are going to kick your butt in the finals." I smirk.

"We'll see. Later, shorty," he smirks back.

"Haha, so funny, because I'm short," I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes playfully.

I turn on my barstool and I spot Korra and Bolin sharing a bowl of noodles. Poor Bolin, it's so clear that Korra only sees him as a friend. He's practically looking at her with googly eyes. I know I'm young, but with my track record, I can tell when someone doesn't like me, and trust me when I tell you- Korra does NOT have a crush on him! She likes Mako.

"Hey, guys," I greet while walking over to them.

"Hey," Korra says after she slurps a noodle into her mouth."What are you doing here?"