Book 3;5

Finally the airbenders are free, and we were all able to leave that awful place. I can't believe I survived that. I felt like I was in there for an eternity. The Earth Queen is a terrible, money hungry ruler who cares nothing about her people, and I hope she is brought down soon. If I'm being honest, I believe having kings and queens is so old fashioned. Republic City is not perfect, but having a president and a city council is a much better system than a monarchy who doesn't even care for their people!

Tenzin took Jinora, Kai, and the airbenders to the Northern air temple, and now it's just the gaang, including Lin. Oh yeah, and Lin is here. She's complaining because apparently there's some crazy person after Korra, but what's new? The Spirit of Darkness was literally on Korra's neck 2 seconds ago, what is this person going to do that we haven't seen before?

"Hi, Lin," I greet her as I limp over to her.

I like Lin. She's uptight, but I also think she's  misunderstood. I know a bunch about the Beifong's because Bolin is the biggest Toph fan ever! But I can see why Lin is the way she is. Her mother is the original Beifong for crying out loud! The first chief of police in Republic City. Lin cares about her city, and her whole life has been dedicated to taking care of people and protecting it. Plus, I heard her and Tenzin's breakup was super messy. She's probably never healed from that, especially since it's her job to protect his family. I'm just saying, with all the responsibility that's placed on her, it's a lot.

"Hey, kid," she greets me with a huff.

She crosses her arms dramatically as she watches Korra play with Naga in front of the airship, which is parked on a nice green prairie surrounded by mountains and a stream nearby. This is nice. I was locked away under ground for so long, and my freedom stripped from me. I wish we could stay here a little longer.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"While she's playing fetch," she starts while pointing to Korra. "Four of the most dangerous criminals are hunting her down. We should get moving."

"Relax," Korra says nonchalantly. "We just got here. Besides, no one knows where I am except us. And Li Na deserve this after being locked away for so long."

Naga returns and drops the ball at Lin's feet. I pet her on her snout, but Lin's clearly not interested. I can understand where Lin is coming from, but I still think it would be best to just calm down, and if we spot any trouble, or anything out of the ordinary, we'll just leave.

"I think she wants you to throw it for her," Korra tells Lin with a laughs.

"I'll pass."

...

Wow, wow, wow!

So this is Zaofu? It's incredible! I've never seen anything like it. An entire city made out of metal, surrounded by the beautiful mountains, fascinating! It's hard to believe there's another more developed city than Republic City, but here we are.

I'm so excited to get out there, I can hardly contain myself! I've spent so much time in this ship trying to heal and get better, and though I'm so incredibly thankful for my brothers... They're annoying! When my accident first happened, I got a concussion and my ribs were bruised- yeah, Kai was right, but don't tell him I said that! The only reason why my wounds weren't as bad as they should've been is because my self defense coach, the same one who trained Asami, taught me how to protect myself during an attack. I owe him everything- I owe Asami everything. My brothers, I love them, but I couldn't even sleep for 5 minutes without them waking me for something! I'm their little sister, I get it, but they treated me like a baby, a broken baby. I enjoy company, but I also enjoy resting, especially after what I went through.