Alternate Ending

Before you read, I have a special announcement, MY NEW LOK BOOK IS HERE. The story is called, 'My Sister's Keeper,' and it's in the pov of Korra's younger sister!

Enjoy, this chapter is my favorite one for sure!
...

"Kuvira, give up!" Korra shouts as we run through the Spirit Wilds."

"Never!" I hear from a far.

I spot Kuvira who's limping, and she looks a mess. I think she might need medical attention. I've never been a fan of her, but she needs to stop or she's going to get hurt. Her machine is no good, Baatar Jr. is no longer on her side, she's lost everything, so why won't she stop?

"Please, stop this madness! It has to end now!"

"If you really want to end it, then come and get me!"

"Kuvira," I whine. "Aren't you tired? Come on, can't we just sit down and grab a nice cup of tea and talk?"

It was worth a shot.

Korra takes off in pursuit of the source. Ducking under a large, arch-like root and pushing through a clump of bushes, I follow behind her as fast I can, but my leg hurts so much. We come upon a clearing and I look around for Kuvira, but something catches my eye... Something big, and it's hanging right over us. I tap Korra and her gaze follows mine, we gasp in horror. In front of us sits the massive spirit weapons barrel, suspended in a cradle of vines. Its barrel is aimed directly at Korra, who stands motionless before it.

I notice Kuvira hanging on to the weapons on/off switch, and I stand there paralyzed with fear.

"Now it's over!" She shouts maliciously.

"Don't!" Korra and I shout simultaneously.

Without hesitation, Kuvira slides the trigger on and the weapon shoots out spirit vine energy. It spirals out of control and I stand there not being able.

"Move, Li Na!" I hear Korra shout, but I can't.

I'm terrified. This is the third time I've been in range of this thing, but never this close. Korra abandons her attempt at reasoning, grabs my arm, and forces us to do dive for safety as the barrel discharges. It's beam hits the ground and forces Korra and I aside, hitting the ground a few times.

"Ahh," I grunt, and I grab my aching leg.

"Li!" Korra shouts while looking at me worryingly, and helps me sit up. "Your leg, I have to get you out of here-"

"No, the only way you can help me is by taking Kuvira down," I seethe in pain.

She nods at me and turns her attention back to the weapon. I don't know how this is going to end for me, but all I know is, in the end, my city, and my family will be fine.

As the weapon continues to fire at the ground, the vines around us begin to glow with the same purple light. The force of the firing propelled the cannon backward and away from the ground, and it twists around wildly. I watch as Kuvira holds on for dear life.

I hate her, but I can't let her die!

"She's going to fall!" I yell at Korra.

"Shut it down!" She shouts at Kuvira. Kuvira slides the trigger back and forth, and to our dismay, the machine is unresponsive.

"I can't!" She cries out.

You've got to be kidding me!

I watch as Kuvira tumbles to the ground, and grunts with each roll. She raises her head and we make eye contact. I crawl over to her, but I freeze as our expressions morph into horror. The barrel of the weapon swings around to aim at us, and the beam is still firing. As it's about to bear down on us, I grab Kuvira's head and shield her away from the spirit energy while Korra jumps in, throwing herself between the beam and Kuvira and I. I've never been so scared.