Book 4;4;3

3/3

"First I lose my suite, then I lose my throne. My royal brooch is a lie! I know you must be crushed, not getting to come back to Ba Sing Se with me," Wu complains to Mako.

Mako continues to pack his clothes in his suitcase as Wu cries like a baby about his coronation being ruined. I'm very annoyed by this whole situation, and the only thing Wu can focus on is himself? Does he not realize that Kuvira is trying to take over the world, starting with the Earth Kingdom?! She literally said, 'the Earth Kingdom is no more,' does that not scare him? That's his home, and he should be terrified right now!

"Don't worry about me. I'll... find a way to make it," Mako answers him sarcastically.

I'm sure he's excited to be returning to Republic City and being a detective again. I can't imagine the type of patience he needed to babysit Wu everyday. Though he does seem to have more patience with him than he did with me..

"Good ol' Mako, my big tough guy. Okay, I just have to go on, move forward, take decisive action," he says and then abruptly jumps to his feet. "Let's go shopping!"

He wants to just move on? He can't do that, he's suppose to be king. And people's lives are in jeopardy! That's not fair to anyone affected by this. What about them? They can't just move on. I wish he'd grow up and realize we're actually in a state of emergency here.

I look to the door hearing a knock. I and Mako both stand up. My brother walks to the door and opens it. I walk behind him to see who it is, and Wu does the same. I hope it's not Kuvira. She can't make us leave the hotel, Wu is still technically the ruler.

"Ugh, get rid of him. He works for her," Wu says.

Good, it's only Bolin.

"Shut up," I snap. "He's our brother."

Mako slams the door, leaving us both alone with Bolin. He looks nervous, I hope that means he's here to tell us he's not working for Kuvira anymore. Maybe now he sees what we've been saying all along.

"Interesting ceremony, huh?" He asks awkwardly.

"Cut it, Boli," I huff.

"You aren't going to keep working for Kuvira now that she's going against the wishes of the entire world, are you?" Mako asks

"You don't understand. Kuvira is helping out all the poor people of the Earth Empire, people like our family. This is for the best."

I can't believe this. Is he really going to sit here and bring up our family to try to convince us that Kuvira is doing the right thing? Is she blackmailing him? Is that why he's going against us, his family for her? What's this hold she has over him? I get it, Bolin is a good guy and wants to help people, but why can't he see that that's not what Kuvira is doing?

"I don't know, bro," Mako replies skeptically.

"Okay, why don't you and Li Na come with me and you'll see for yourself? We've done a lot of good, and Varrick is working on some new innovations. We're making history."

"By "crushing" anyone who gets in your way?" Mako asks, raising his eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, Bolin. She said it herself, she's out to destroy anyone who tries to stop her from being an evil dictator. She's not a good person," I add.

"That was just some tough rhetoric to let the people know that we mean business. I mean, Kuvira is basically just like Korra. She might seem hard to deal with, but just because she's so passionate and believes in what she's doing."

"Korra?!-" I was about to comment on his little remark, but Mako cuts me off by resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll handle this," he says softly to me, then looks back at Bolin. "It seems like she's just a dictator who's taking the Earth Kingdom by force."