Book 2;4 Harmonic

Back in Republic City, things had fallen apart. Forgive me for being so blunt, but it was obvious because we were incomplete, and I was the missing piece. Katara said it herself, 'when one member is missing, the entire team is incomplete.' Even Bolin was starting to feel like we were drifting apart. Which we were, we were all on on different paths. Mako was apart of the police force, Asami was running her company, Korra was trying to stop the world from going into absolute chaos, Bolin was a mover star, and I was still going through my own struggles.

During her journey to the Fire Nation, Korra was attacked by a dark spirit, and she couldn't remember anything! Even with Avatar Wan reminding her of who she was and finding Rava, certain moments of her life she just couldn't remember- LIKE WHEN HER AND MAKO BROKE UP. I remember Asami calling me and telling about what happened. She was so frustrated and sad, I'll never forget how heartbroken she sounded during our phone call. I don't blame her, even I thought her and Mako were really going to make it, but with Korra not remembering their breakup, he just couldn't break the news to her fast enough. I was put in a really tough position. I liked Korra and Mako together, but I also loved Asami and my brother together. If they all would've stayed friends and not involve feelings and relationships, none of it would've happened!

With the state of the southern Watertribe, I had to leave for Republic City. Unalaq's men from the north were fighting the southerners, and it was official; Unalaq had started a civil war. I can still hear the sound of tanks rolling across the ice, and I can still see the waterbenders bending these huge waves at the opposing side. It was terrible, like a scene out of a horror mover! I saw many men from the south taken down just outside of my window. Katara thought it was best for everyone to leave for our safety. I was being shipped back home, but not before my last session.

...

The sound of war fills my ears as I wheel myself over to the exercise bar. I can't concentrate, this is all so scary. It's terrifying being in the middle of a war, and last time I heard from my brothers, it was bad news on their side. Jinora is stuck in the Spirit World, and Unalaq is planning to take over the world during the Harmonic Convergence, which is tonight! I guess the only good news here is that Mako was right about Varrick, and he's been promoted to detective... and Bolin stopped the president from getting abducted... and Asami's business is finally back up and running successfully. I know, it's a lot, but none of that will matter if Unalaq wins. I believe in Korra, but there's always that fear of the unknown happening. In the end, I want my friends and my brothers to be ok.

I look at Katara who just walked into the room. Even after fighting in the 100 year war, and now going through another one, she still manages to keep a smile on her face. I can tell she's a good mother just by how she carries herself and how she treats me.

"I have news," Katara starts. "Your friends are on their way here, but you are going back home. With you being on Team Avatar and so close to the Avatar, we can't risk Unalaq getting to you, it's not safe here anymore. You're going to be staying with Pema and my grandchildren."

"Katara, nowhere is safe for me," I say while starting to panic. "I can't walk."

"Listen, there is only one way for you to walk out of here today. It will hurt, and it's going to be scary. Which is why I didn't try it before."

"I don't care, I'll do whatever it takes," I tell her seriously.

"Ok then, let's get started."

...

Sitting here in this tub of water, Katara begins my healing session, and the water begins to glow all around me. To ease my nerves, I close my eyes and take a deep breath in. I wonder what she's going to do. I'm excited to walk again, and I have faith Katara can do it. She's the best healer in the world! It's just, there's still apart of me that still wonders, what if she can't? I don't want to be let down again.