Book 1;8

"Hey, Bolin?" I whisper.

"Yeah?"

"I have to go to the bathroom."

"Ok, let's go," he tells me.

"Bolin, you can't go inside the girls restroom," I laugh. "You're a boy."

"But what if you fall in again?" He asks.

"That hasn't happened since I was little."

"It happened last year-"

"I can go to the bathroom by myself," I cut him off.

"Fine, but if you fall in again-"

"I won't," I assure him. "I'll be right back, swear."

Tenzin and Lin took us all to Town Hall to discuss what our next move will be in order to find Korra. Poor Korra, Amon is scary. I can't imagine what she's feeling right now. I wish I could hug her- I wish she were here. Korra and I have obviously gotten closer, especially after that whole ordeal with Hiroshi happened. I was the only one who believed her, even Tenzin was skeptical, but that alone made our friendship so much stronger. I just really miss her. I've never had a sister before, and now that I do, she's been taken away from me. I just want her to be ok.

I flush the toilet- and no I didn't fall in. I head to the sink to quickly wash my hands. Ever since we found out about Korra, I've felt odd. Korra is the Avatar, and Amon, he managed to take her. No one is safe... I've felt it since Lin got us out of jail. It's all so scary. 

I turn around to leave, but the lights start to flicker on and off, eventually leaving me in the dark.

"Hello, Bolin? Mako? Stop playing around, this isn't funny."

I try to feel my way to the door, but I freeze when I hear footsteps behind me.

This is scary.

I can't die yet, I didn't even make it to 16! I've never had a boyfriend, I never got to become a millionaire, I haven't even started high school, and my brothers really need me! Who's going to wash Bolin's funky socks after he refuses to because, according to him, the stinch gives them character? And who's going to help Mako style his hair so he doesn't go out looking ridiculous?

I slowly turn around to meet two very tall figures. Nothing but the ominous glow of their goggles illuminating the area. I'd recognize those things anywhere.

Equalist.

It's pitch dark in here, so I immediately start kicking and punching with all of my might. I'm being kidnapped... I'm being kidnapped! But why? Why me?

I'm thrown into what feels like the bathroom sink. I try to scream, but the wind is knocked out of me. Ouch! That really hurt. I feel light headed. I ignore it and quickly stand up and punch one of the men in the jaw, and the other in the stomach. I'm so close to the door, but I suddenly hear the zap of the same metal rods they fought my brothers with at the Equalist rally, and the same one that knocked me outcold at the probending championship.

I do the only smart thing I can, I scream for help. I have flashbacks of the first time I was shocked with those things. It was agonizing. It was like I was set on fire, but at the same time, I felt like I was dipped in freezing water to the point I was almost paralyzed, and the only thing I could do was seize and wait for my body to stop twitching.

"Help! Help! Bolin, Mako!... Lin!" I scream.

They plung it deep into my back, and my eyes roll in the back of my head. This is agony. I think they're trying to kill me- I wish they'd kill me. They raise it out of my now open flesh and plung it deep into the same spot. The pain is excruciating. I don't understand, why me? Did Hiroshi send them? I'm scared, I'm confused, and I'm hurt. I'm so tired, and I don't have the energy to keep my eyes open.