Book 4;12;1

1/2

"Everything is going to be ok, Li Na," Bolin tries to reassure me.

I look at him like he's crazy. I've been feeling panicked since we left Zaofu, after Zhu Li told us about Kuvira's crazy plan. We were in that town when she blasted it with spirit energy. We saw what that thing can do. If Kuvira and her men get here with that machine, Republic City doesn't stand a chance.

"Are you kidding?" I ask. "If everything is going to be ok, then why are we rushing to get to Raiko and Korra? And be honest with me, because Kuvira is insane. Do you really believe it's going to be as easy for Korra to take her down like it was Amon, even Unavaatu or Zaheer?"

"Well no, but-"

"Exactly. Even Zaheer agreed that Kuvira needs to be taken down. Now hold on for a second," I say, and we stop just before we go inside where everyone is. "Look at me. I'm not a little girl anymore, Bolin. I know things are bad, so stop trying to act like they're not. I know you're always 'Mr. Positive,' and I love you for that, but when we get inside there, I need you to be honest about what we're really up against. Not just to me or yourself, but to everyone. This is a life or death situation."

"I'm sorry. I know you're right, I just want to protect everybody, and I wanna protect you. We've all been through so much these past few years, and If I'm being honest, I'm scared."

"I know. I'm scared, too, but we have to be honest with ourselves."

"Ok, let's go," he says, and we burst through the door. "Guys! Good, you're all here!"

"What's with you interrupting my important meetings all the time?" Raiko asks angrily as Suyin and Lin trail in behind us.

"Su ... what are you ... you're okay!" Korra says happily as the two share a hug. "I'm so sorry about Zaofu. How did you escape?"

"Opal, Li Na, Beifong, and I rescued everyone!" Bolin answers. "But we had a run in with Kuvira."

"We saw her super spirit weapon up close," I cut in. "Like, really close. Way too close- Actually, she almost killed us."

"Is she going to use it against Republic City?" Tenzin asks becoming alarmed.

"Yes," Zhu Li answers. "I found out she's going to attack in two weeks."

"Ooh! And Zhu Li's on our side now," Bolin exclaims.

"Well, she never really switched sides, and we're just gonna let her explain the whole thing," I say to my brother while giving Zhu Li the floor.

"I pretended to be loyal to Kuvira so I could sabotage her weapon. It didn't work, but I did overhear her plans to attack."

"I knew she wouldn't stop at Zaofu!" Raiko yells.

"Actually, I knew. And so did Lady Kimi of the Fire Nation, but whatever," I mumble, but no one hears me.

"My guess is," Lin starts. "She's coming by rail. It's the only way she can transport that weapon."

"It's Kuvira," I say. "She wouldn't be so predictable."

"Then we'll cut the rail lines," Korra suggests.

Ignored again, great.

I roll my eyes.

"I agree," Raiko says. "But let's get as many citizens evacuated before we do. Put out the announcement. The evacuation is now mandatory," he directs to Mako.

My brother stands up.

"We're on it," he says.

"Don't worry, Mr. President," Korra assures him. "I won't let Kuvira take our city."