Book 4;14;2

The Last Stand; 2/2

(Warning, this chapter is long, emotional, and a lot drama! You've been warned...)

"Hi," Li Na greets her brothers, Mako and Bolin.

She walks over to them and watches confusingly as they pack up their belongings from the shelter they'd been staying in. Since their parents died, the three have been living from pillow to post, all while trying to survive while Li Na is in school and Mako and Bolin work to keep a roof over their heads. For the past few months, the three have been renting from a kind old lady, deep in Republic City. It's not too big, and there's no bedrooms, so they all sleep on mattresses in the main area. It's more of a shack, but they've made a home out of it. Luckily the little house has a bathroom and a cooking area.

Sure it wasn't much, but Li Na didn't mind, as long as she's with her brothers. It was better than staying with The Triple Threats, she thought... After their parents died, the trio was split up for awgile. While her brothers were together, Li Na was whisked away immediately. It was the loneliest she'd ever been.

"Hey, what's going on?" The young girl asks.

"We're moving!" 15 year old Bolin exclaims happily.

"Oh," she answers sadly.

She sighs as she sits her book bag on the side of her mattress.

"Hey, what's wrong, Little Sister?" Bolin asks while wrapping his arms around her lovingly.

"Why are you guys leaving me? I'm sorry If I've caused you so much trouble. I'll do better, I promise," she pleads.

"What's wrong with her?" Mako asks while keeping busy with the move.

"She thinks we're leaving her."

"What? We're not leaving you, Li. We're moving, and you're coming with us," Mako chuckles. "Bolin and I found a great new gig as pro-benders, and we're going to be moving into the arena. We wanted to surprise you. You still don't get your own room, but it's much bigger than this place."

"Really?" She asks with a sniff. "So no more Triple Threats?"

"No more Triple Threats," Mako says as he smiles down at his baby sister. "I promise, Li Na, Bolin and I will always take care of you, and we love so much. We're not going anywhere."

"I love you, guys!"

And they all embrace with a laugh. She wasn't use to them sticking around. They all had to grow up fast, and with that became the responsibility of working. They didn't get to stay home and be kids. Yes, Li Na had school, as for the boys, it was work everyday while their sister kept the house.

...

"Hello!" I yell out as I wake up with a jolt.

I throw the heavy metal off my body. I look around confusingly.

Where am I?

I try to get up, but I gasp as a shooting pain erupts from my leg. I look down to see the wound on my leg reopened, but it's bigger, and it's bleeding, a lot. So much blood... So much blood... And my head, it's pounding, and my ears are ringing.

"Mako? Bolin?" I cry for my brothers, but they don't answer.

I squeeze my leg to ease the pain. This is too much, I think I'm going to pass out. I just, I need my brothers. I'm scared, and I hurt. I don't want to be here.