Ch 1

"Bobby, you're doing great at the bodega! Your Grandpa couldn't be prouder of you!"

Lori was having one of her many cell phone conversations with her out of state boyfriend. While seeing one another could only happen every so often, their phones always kept them connected. Lori had dropped everything to chat with her Bobby-boo-boo-bear, well everything except grabbing a glass of juice from the kitchen.

Making her way down the stairs, Lori had to dodge the twins chasing one another. Unlike her sister, Leni, she could easily multitask and didn't miss a step. Sliding up the wall she continued down.

"I know. I know. Wait! I literally didn't know that!" Lori was about to enter the kitchen when the sight of her brother caught her attention.

The little twerp was right in front of the fridge getting a snack. As he fumbled with some tupperware that contained some leftover mac n' cheese, his phone was secure wedged between his ear and shoulder. Lori stopped to listen to his conversation out of pure curiosity.

"Yeah, I got the entire weekend free so we could have our date!" Lincoln managed to open the lid to his left overs, "I can't wait to see you too."

Lori ducked behind the entrance of the kitchen. Lincoln had a date?! But he was dating Ronnie Anne, Bobby's little sister, which could only mean!

"OMG! Bobby, you didn't say you were coming to visit this weekend!" Lori yelled into her phone. "I'm like so excited I can'-"

A look of confusion came to her face.

"But Ronnie Anne is coming down for a date with Lincoln... She has a test? Monday? Studying the whole weekend..." her mind was rattling with thoughts. "Oh I get what's happening." Lori began twirling her hair with a single finger.

"You want to try and keep your surprise but it's too late boo-boo-bear. Lincoln accidentally let the cat out of the bag... You're really not coming... Then WHO is Lincoln talking to?!" Lori screamed.

The poor, white haired boy was leaving the kitchen completely unaware of his sister. His food was all heated up on a microwave safe plate in one hand, his other hand held his phone to his ear. There was a nice trot in his step obviously giddy about his aforementioned date.

"Well what would you like me to wear?"

"LINCOLN!"

"Gah!" His plate was flung up into the air and onto the floor. Lincoln looked down in disappointment.

"Lori, what was that for?!" He shouted at his older sister. A small voice from his phone spoke up and he had to back step. "No, no ,no, it's not something you did. My sister just scared me."

"Lincoln! Who are you talking to?" A small voice came from her own phone. She stood up and talked into it in a more chipper tone. "Sorry, boo-boo-bear. I need to turn my little brother into a human pretzel." Beep.

The blonde teenager turned her glare back to the young boy. Her face conveyed her displeasure and she bent at the waist to meet the boy's level. Lori's jaw jutted out like a ravenous bulldog and she growled as she spoke. A finger pointed into the boy's face.

"If you are cheating on Ronnie Anne so help me I'll-"

"I'm not dating Ronnie Anne!" he backed up to the kitchen door frame. His sister's shadow loomed over him like a demon about to grab his throat. A voice from his phone brought him back to his senses some. "Yes, Ronnie Anne is the girl I tried to date before she moved away."

"Lincoln!" Lori snapped at him, "Who's on the other side of that call?!"

"My girlfriend, okay!" the voice corrected him, "Soulmate!"