Ch 10

The light sound of breathing filled the night. Denizens of the Loud house had decided to hit the hay early with all the emotional drama of the afternoon. Quinlan had been allowed to spend the night with Lincoln. Her head laid on top of the child's chest. The rhythmic beating of his passionate heart pulled her into a peaceful slumber. With the turmoil of the day passed, she was able to dream and remember the day that brought them together.

The disgruntled bombshell closed the door to her beat up Impala. It had been just two weeks and another boyfriend gone. How ironic that he said that she was too quiet and had broken up over a text. Just another tick mark in the long list of failed relationships.

It had been awhile since one broke up with her though. Maybe a year? She couldn't recall. They were always so eager to ask her out, yet none eager to commit. Is a serious relationship that hard? One sincere guy would do.

She had been in her car for nearly ten minutes looking at the text and had not noticed a small boy approach her front door. As QT was getting out of her car the boy had also rung the doorbell. The bombshell did not know how long they were talking but her sister had gotten in a row with him.

"Lincoln look you seem like a nice guy but really no." She saw her little sister, Cristina, rejecting a boy likely the same age with shocking white hair and a bouquet of roses. QT ducked behind the side wall to watch.

"Cristina, I know I messed up but I'm here to apologize. It was a stupid spur of the moment thing and I'm sorry." The boy offered the flowers but the girl pushed them away.

"I'm not interested in your flowers," QT puffed her cheeks thinking about how none of her boyfriends had offered her flowers. How did her sister jump ahead of her in the romance department. "What you did was creepy to say the least and most inappropriate."

"I was trying to embarrass myself so my sisters would forgive me for the stupid stunt I pulled. I'm sorry you got pulled into it. I was being incredibly inconsiderate to both you and my sisters." He looked down sheepishly. The poor guy, wonder what he did. "I know things will be awkward but I thought an apology would be a good start."

A little bit of chivalry at a young age. Why couldn't this kid be my age. He's rather cute now, he'll probably be a hunk when he's older. C'mon sis at least one of us can have a good boyfriend.

"Look your apology is accepted or whatever. Now if you don't mind-"

"What about the project?" Cristina was still trying to close the door as the boy tried to voice himself.

"I'll handle my half you handle yours and it'll be fine."

Both Cristina and Lincoln became startled when a slamming palm on the door prevented the door from closing. The white haired lad backed up and had to look up at the figure. An hourglass curve greeted the boy. His eyes were glued on the shapely beauty. Her naturally curly brown hair reflected the sun's shine and her yellow tube dress wrapped around her body like a snug corset. He couldn't help but admire her. Who was she?

"Sis? What the heck?" Lincoln did a double take between Cristina and her now presented older sister. He could see the resemblance except, while Cristina was incredibly cute, her older sister was awe inspiring beautiful. The boy's features reddened and he had to avert his gaze before he became too flustered.

"What do you mean I'm being rude?" Lincoln was confused as Cristina's older sister hadn't said anything. He glanced up for a second time but all he could see was the sister pouting and giving the younger a mean stare. "He's just not my type and all."

Lincoln found himself being pulled upwards into a smooshing hug. The woman's face was pressed into his, cheek to cheek. QT still maintained a glare to Cristina. Lincoln had no idea what was going on.