Ch 14

"Sssoooo..." Cristina was typing on her phone lazily not paying attention to the TV on a random channel. Both her and Quinlan had returned to the Timber home after their respective school days. In the kitchen, QT was pre-preparing an after workout smoothie from some protein powder. "You going to Lincoln's for a slumber party right, Sis?" QT stopped her mixing.

"How'd you hear about that?" Peeking out of the kitchen the busty brunette raised an eyebrow at her younger sister. Cristina wasn't looking her way to notice this though. At the lunch table several hours ago, Lincoln was confused on why his girlfriend said the girls couldn't wait to see him this weekend and he texted back asking such. Plans were revealed and to his surprise they wanted to come over for a sleepover. Unsure at first, he realized that somehow they had helped mend a fence between his oldest sister and his girl. He would have to thank them. The reason Cristina knew was because Lincoln was willing to narrate everything to her. That, and the fact she was also reading over his shoulder.

"I sat with Lincoln at lunch today." Cristina tapped her phone a few more times. "I saw that pic too."

"Ohhh?" QT started in a teasing tone. "So you have warmed up to him?" The teen returned to her smoothie. Cristina's fingers stopped moving on the touch screen.

"He's still a nerd...but he has some good points." She went back to looking at social media. Scrolling through her friends, and her friends' friends, the young girl found a name familiar to her: Literally_Lori. Clicking on the profile she was greeted to several pictures of a blonde teen in very typical selfie poses. She was without a doubt, Lincoln's eldest sister.

Wow she had a lot of pics of herself. The young girl sorted the pictures by most likes. Her top pic was of her and another blonde girl with long hair in a purple outfit. Was that Leni? No, that was another girl that was in the group picture. The tag on her read 'carolp'. Cristina kept scrolling when something caught her attention.

"Pfft!" Cristina subdued a snicker. Lori was sitting at what seemed to be a cafe with two of her sisters. That alone was not funny. What she found funny was the young boy in the back with a ridiculous mustache and glasses. Lincoln looked so stupid! Haha. Liked. The girl scrolled down to find more with Lincoln.

"He has a lot of good points Sis!" Quinlan shouted over the sound of a blender. "I'm glad you're getting along!" Cristina was too busy to hear any of what her sister was saying. Quinlan came out of the kitchen to grab her workout bag.

"I'm going to the gym. I'll be swinging by the store before coming home." QT went back to the kitchen where she poured her drink into a suitable container for her return. "Do you need anything?" Another picture with Lincoln posing with Lori appeared on Cristina's screen. Liked.

"No, I'm good!" Geez, what's with that face?! Liked.

"Okay, I'll be back. See ya later." Quinlan swung her keys on a finger and left out the front door. The door had already locked before Cristina responded.

"Okay bye!"

"..."

"Pfft! Ha! Liked."

Quinlan's drive was smooth, smoother than it has ever been, both physically and mentally. Whatever Lana had done really worked. Her clunker hand me down was now a fully functional, vintage automobile. Her 73 Impala was considered a classic by the years but her family didn't treat it as such. It had been given to her by her Grandmother after she passed and had sat in a garage for who knows how long before. The constant worry about being stranded on the road was always on her mind. Now the growling of the engine soothed her. Wonder what else Lana could fix?

Turning on her signal, Quinlan made the turn into the rec center parking lot. The fitness guru was used to the routine and found a spot easily enough, checked in, and went to stretch. Wearing black yoga pants and a black with yellow highlight sports tank top she went into her usual stretching exercises.