Ch 16

*WHAM*

QT's fist hit squarely on the bewildered teen's chin. On the jumbotron screen, the stadium bore witness to the teen's head jerking back violently. The boy fell back out of frame and out of most people's view. For those in the front row, they were treated to the full show.

The impact caused the teen in a tuxedo tee to fly back directly onto the stairs. His first step misplaced and landed on an edge causing him to tumble.

*Bam bam bam!*

Flat on his back, the boy landed with an audible thud on the front row landing. Those in the first row looked with concern at the unconscious basketball ace. His eyes were rolled back and he wasn't moving. Whether it was the punch or the fall didn't matter. He was knocked out.

Silence would have prevailed throughout the stadium if not for the teen's selection of hype music. QT's fist was high above her head at a full arm's length away. To put it plainly, she had not held back.

No one spoke for the split seconds after the punch but a small rumble of whispering built in the aftermath. QT's hand lowered itself and she puffed her chest out as she took angry breaths. A misguided camera controller pressed an unfortunate button.

The jumbotron flashed with the words 'Congratulations' in bold big letters.

In the frame was only Quinlan holding an orthodox boxing stance. Obviously still upset and with a small trickle of blood on her right fist facing the camera. A small chuckle started a cascade of laughter from half of the audience. The opposing team's side to be exact.

Loud 'whoots' and boisterous laughter directed at Royal Woods' misery radiate forth. Quinlan finally snapped out of her angry and saw the screen. She didn't like being the center of attention. Her head whipped around as she saw the shocked faces of her classmates. QT's friend, Winter, stood a row behind with her two hands clasped over her mouth.

It finally got to QT and she just wanted to leave. Without a word she reached back and grabbed Lincoln's forearm. She pulled the bewildered boy out of the row and up the stairs. Wide eyed gazes from the audience members followed them as they left. Winter was still frozen as Quinlan passed her with Lincoln. Cristina rushed out of the aisle to catch up with the couple.

As the last occupant of the bathroom left they narrowly avoided a stampeding curly haired brunette.

"Can you believe the nerve of some people, Lincoln?!" Quinlan went to the sink and put her hands underneath. It was automatic and didn't register her hands frustrating her more. Her hand went in and out trying to trigger the sensor. "*Grr* Damn it!" The girl stomped her foot.

"QT calm down!" Lincoln went to another sink and put his hand underneath the tap. Warm water rushed out. "Use this one." QT jumped over to the sink.

"Damn it. Damn it!" Red water flowed off her right hand as blood was washed away but she did not focus on it. Instead she lathered some soap in her hand began to scrub off that jerk's spit off her left. "That ass! Who does he think it is?!"

Lincoln came up behind her to put a hand on the base of her back. He moved it up and down slowly.

"Honey Bee...It's okay...Everything's fine. Deep breaths, okay?" Her brown eyes darted down to the white haired lad. His eyes pleaded for her to listen to her request.

"I just! I just! OUCH!" She suddenly brought her hands out of the water. Her right hand throbbed with a dull pain. Lincoln's hand extended asking for her to let him see. She looked at her boyfriend's soft yet worried expression and lowered it into his palm. The knuckles were cracked and small amounts of blood seeped out.