Ch 21

"Yeah," the blonde teen, Lori Loud, told her boyfriend on the phone. She laid atop her bed, belly down and feet kicking behind her. "So come early...Yeah, I still want to go. It's my senior year, Boo-boo-bear. We just won't stay for long... Literally pictures, a few dances, and come back."

The voice on the other end made sure to clarify.

"We can stay for the entire one at yours... Let's just say, recent events have caused me to literally despise the idea of going." A small beep alerted the teen of an incoming call. "Hold on, Boo-boo-bear, I got another call."

Lori switched over.

"Hello," a sudden surge of information flooded out of the speaker. "Quinlan?!" Lori found it necessary to sit up. Across the room, Lori's platinum blonde sister, Leni, looked up from her design sketch pad. "What's wrong?!" The oldest Loud shouted into her receiver. The second oldest stood up out of concern and tried to approach.

"Slow down, slow down!" Lori's voice loudly pleaded to the teen on the other end. Apparently the other side of the call obliged. "Uh-huh... Uh-huh... WHAT?!" Lori immediately leapt out of her seated position nearly colliding with her fashionista sister.

"I'll tell Lincoln rig...Me?!" Lori's hand pointed to herself even if QT couldn't see. "What could I... Okay... Wait, you trust me to do that?" There was only a single word from the other side.

Yes.

"I'll be right over." Lori looked both frightened and touched.

The blonde ended the call and stared at a blank cell phone screen. Her sister stood nearby hoping to be clued in on what was happening. Leni watched as Lori simply took in her reflection. In her own image, the oldest Loud could see how unsure she was about what was about to happen.

Still, she needed to press forward.

"LINCOLN!" Lori suddenly yelled out causing Leni to jump back and out of the way of her sister's bull-rush out the door. The blue topped teen ran quickly to the open doorway of the Loud twin's bedroom, where Lincoln was currently receiving a lesson.

"Watch the feet, Linky." The pageant queen, Lola, told her student.

"LINCOLN!" Lori slid to a stop. Her hands grasped the sides of the door frame as she looked in. She spotted the white head of her target. "Lincoln! Get your shoes, Quinlan needs you."

"Huh?" The white haired boy stepped back from his dance partner. "QT?! Is something wrong?!" His voice was filled with worry, Lincoln had started off the day with a bad feeling and he hoped what his older sisters had told him about that morning was the last of it.

He was wrong.

"Quinlan's Mom just heard about you two!" Lincoln's heart nearly halted. "We need to go now!"

"Okay!" The young boy ran out of the room, a nervous sweat already building up. "I-i'll meet you in the van!"

"Good!" Lori was already running down to the first floor to get the keys. "Hurry, Lincoln!"

"Where's the fire?" The patriarch of the Loud house asked as his daughter swiped the keys off a small hanger.

"Quinlan's mother just learned about her and Lincoln's relationship." The father's eyes went wide. "She wants me to talk to her."

"I'll get my loafe-"

"No!" Lori put both her hands out in a stopping fashion. "I need to do this myself."

"But I thi-"

"Please, Dad."

"..."

"..."