Ch 8

Lori looked at the cup of frozen yogurt that the girls got for her. The park was not as busy it could be on a Saturday afternoon but people still walked around. Lori sat in between, her friends, Becky and Carol while Dana sat further down the bench next to Becky. They occupied the entirety of a four person bench and each had their individual frozen treat.

"So Lori..." Carol finally started, "Do you really think Lincoln has been tricked?"

"Of course he has!" Her arms flared out causing Becky who sat to her left to become concerned about a possible flying yogurt pot. "How does an eleven year old comic book nerd end up with a sixteen year old head turner!"

Becky wrestled the cup of yogurt from Lori's grasp and handed it to Dana.

"C'mon Lori, your brother is pretty cute." Lori glared at her red headed friend but Becky didn't seem to care. "I bet he has a bunch of girls in his class vying for him."

She leaned back onto the bench some giving a disgruntled groan. The eldest sister of the Loud family began thinking. She hadn't ever really pried into his love life unless he approached her for some advice. The only exception had been with Ronnie Anne and once she thought they had been together she let things go naturally between them.

"I don't know..." Lori leaned forward again and rested her chin on both of her palms. "He hasn't really been coming to me to tell him what to do recently."

"Is he supposed to?" Dana spoke up from the end holding both hers and Lori's frozen yogurt.

"Huh?" The blonde teen sat up, "What do you mean?"

"I think what Dana means," Carol brought the attention to her. "Does Lincoln really need permission when it comes to his love life?"

"What?!" Lori became defensive. "Of course he doesn't!"

"Really?" Carol continued, "Because it doesn't sound like it."

Lori was about to speak but before answering closed her mouth again. Had it really sounded like she wanted him to seek her approval. Becky took another spoonful of yogurt.

"Okay imagine this Lori," The party girl waved her spoon a bit. "What if I was dating Lincoln?"

Carol looked past Lori and glared at Becky.

"Why do you get to be the one dating Lincoln?" She asked accusingly.

"Because I'm his Tigress."

"But I'm his Care Bear."

"Girls!" Lori broke up the small disagreement. "What is the point of this?"

"Oh fine." Becky restarted her anecdote, "Imagine Dana was dating Lincoln."

"Wait why am I dating Lincoln now?" They ignored Dana's cries.

"You know her. You are friends. She's a good person." Becky looked towards Lori's unsure face, "Are you as mad at her as you are at Quinn?"

Lori stuttered a bit while trying to think of an answer. Dana was a good person and someone she trusted. If she found out that she was dating Lincoln would she be as mad? She was a good person, she doubt she would try and hurt Lincoln.

"Well..." Lori glanced up and looked towards Dana, who was still a bit flustered by the situation. "No... but why would a 16 year old be dating my brother."

"Lori, Lori, Lori." Becky shook her head while placing her hand, "Like we've been saying. Lincoln just has something that makes the girls go wild."

Carol nodded along with the statement. "Look, Lori, your brother is a good guy and some girls are going to find him attractive for either his personality or looks. I find his gentlemanly charm very admirable."